How to delete API Application?

Chris Inns

Nov 21, 2022, 4:10:13 PM11/21/22
to Strava API
Hi all,

I was instructed to setup an API Application to connect to Elevate for Strava. I don't want to continue to use it, and want to delete the API. I don't want it sending info to any third party sites, and really don't want to leave it active.

How can I do this? Thanks in advance for your help!

Richard M

Nov 21, 2022, 4:39:27 PM11/21/22
to Chris Inns, Strava API
Hi,

Just changing the Client Secret on the API settings page should be enough for this. 'Generate New Client Secret' the API application will then no longer be able to communicate with Strava.

You can also Revoke Access to the API on the My Apps page.

As far as I know you can't delete an application via the web interface, perhaps you can by contacting Strava support though.

Thanks,
Richard

Luis Lopez

Nov 26, 2022, 7:57:20 PM11/26/22
to Strava API
Revoke Access to the API on the My Apps page is the main way.
The elevate app is chrome extension which injects scripts into strava webbrowser page to enhance features within the page see  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/elevate-for-strava/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn?hl=en