GPS Override Activity Moving Time

craig_...@vuzix.com

Oct 7, 2021, 10:25:36 AM10/7/21
to Strava API
Is there a means of overriding the "Moving Time" that STRAVA computes during of after the upload of a GPS activity?
*We know we can change the Category to "Run" then set the "Type" to Race and the timing for the full interval is properly computed.
*However, it would be better to keep the Category to "Whatever" swim, bike, run, etc... and let us align the "Moving Time" with what the proper moving time is.
**We know our GPS Time stamps and rest times on our Vuzix Smart Swim device are perfectly calculated and are what our users want to see.  Not the backend STRAVA results.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jan M.

Oct 8, 2021, 10:38:10 AM10/8/21
to Strava API
You get the token "elapsed_time" as well in the activity summary and activity details.
And if you want to calculate the moving time by yourself you could load the activity streams and there you get for every second a velocity.

craig_...@vuzix.com

Oct 8, 2021, 11:55:23 AM10/8/21
to Strava API
Jan, Our Vuzix Smart Swim device computes all timing resting intervals elapsed times etc.  very accurately.
We then upload our GPS files to STRAVA.
STRAVA then munges the GPS data and computes incorrect timing.
What we need is a means of Changing or forcing the "elapsed_time" "moving_time" and even "distance" to what is more appropriate for our customers.

Can we UPDATE (POST) and change those tokens AFTER the uploaded GPS file has been processed by the STRAVA server engine?
Or even as we are POSTing the GPS file?

-Craig

craig_...@vuzix.com

Jun 6, 2022, 9:54:02 AM6/6/22
to Strava API
We now have customers noticing discrepancies with the Moving_Time Strava computes vs. the "Interval Time" aka moving_time that our device more accurately calculates.

We have observed that several sport watches upload the moving_time with their GPS files stored on the watch.
However the GPS files on the watches do not store the moving_time within the GPS files.
Therefore; somehow the watch is sending this moving_time to the app on the phone.
AND the app on the phone is overriding and / or changing the moving_time during the upload/POST process?

We have attempted to override the moving_time parameter during out upload/POST calls with no success.
Can someone point us to the documentation on how to override the moving_time parameter during GPS uploads?