Strava's services are currently suspended in Russia and Belarus.

Jirka Vik

Mar 30, 2022, 5:48:33 PM3/30/22
to Strava API

Hi,

I have a problem calling the Strava API. About 2 weeks ago, it started reporting http state 403 with the error "Strava's services are currently suspended in Russia and Belarus."

For example these API's in https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/
/athlete/activities
and
/activities/{id}

And there may be more, but I have no way to test them.

1) I am not from Russia or Belarus.
2) The server that calls the API is located Europe and in the same country as me.
3) The server does not use any proxy that would communicate through RU servers.

I've tried contacting Strava Support, but they can't help it (they probably don't even know what it's about).

How can I solve this misunderstanding problem?

Thanks!

Daniel D.

Mar 31, 2022, 6:25:44 PM3/31/22
to Jirka Vik, Strava API
I would start by checking whether the API requests succeed from a different IP/location, or whether your app/key were disabled.

CIMALP COMMUNICATION

Apr 2, 2022, 4:50:34 AM4/2/22
to Strava API
Hello

I have the same problem.
I come France like my server, my website ect ....

and like you   Strava Support can't help me (i a have only link with this group)

have you resolved you probleme ?

thx
Aline

Jirka Vik

Apr 2, 2022, 10:48:36 AM4/2/22
to Strava API
@Daniel.D
I'm sure it's blocking on a combination of server IP or client ID and specific APIs. Some APIs such as /athlete work fine for me, but API for /activities do not work and returns 403.

@ cim...
No.

Few images...
403 - https://ibb.co/DQ8nhBm

And I'm from the EU. They should not be subject to any restrictions. The Strava has a mess and is not willing to fix it either...

CIMALP COMMUNICATION

Apr 2, 2022, 11:17:02 AM4/2/22
to Jirka Vik, Strava API
@Jirka, i have the same image and return.

My IP are in france (ovh dédié)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Strava API" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/strava-api/5e635034-8e68-49fe-96cb-0ebefd88a854n%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

CIMALP COMMUNICATION

Jun 2, 2022, 11:07:11 AM6/2/22
to Strava API
do you have this problem yet ?

Le lundi 4 avril 2022 à 08:55:00 UTC+2, marticigor a écrit :
I have node.js app hosted on glitch.com(hosted on aws in US) and webhook service on heroku and both receive same error.

Jirka Vik

Jun 2, 2022, 2:25:47 PM6/2/22
to Strava API
Yes. The problem still persists, but this time I'm getting another error.

[status] => 403

Response:

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied. Bad request. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Andrew

Jun 7, 2022, 4:35:50 AM6/7/22
to Strava API
Hello, I'm from Indonesia and I get the same problems. What should we do then? Do we need to move to another hosting / server?

CIMALP COMMUNICATION

Jun 16, 2022, 5:38:23 AM6/16/22
to Strava API
they changed the call with the access token ...Now it must be on the request "Authorization: Bearer $access_token" and not in the GET URL

after this, for me, it work !