Undefined function in the Multi-user Chat tutorial

pcxunl...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 4:37:13 PM8/22/14
to strati...@googlegroups.com
On Step 4 (https://conductance.io/examples/chat/#step4) I tried copy-pasting in the chat.app and running it, but I got the following error:

    Uncaught Error: Error: 'undefined' is not a function
        at module http://localhost:7075/chat.app!sjs:14
        at module http://localhost:7075/__mho/surface/dynamic.sjs:189

Looking at the code, it seems the @events function is undefined. I searched around in the documentation a bit, but I can't find the "events" function. Does it no longer exist? If so, then what should be the replacement?

Alexander Fritze

Aug 22, 2014, 6:50:49 PM8/22/14
to strati...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear, this is another case of our examples already referring to
code that hasn't "formally" been released yet, but is available on
github.

We'll try to make a new release soon; in the meantime, the easiest way
to get the most up-to-date version of conductance is to follow the
'Bleeding Edge' instructions on

https://conductance.io/install

If you install conductance that way then you can get the corresponding
documentation by running './conductance serve' in the conductance
directory and navigating to

http://localhost:7075/doc/

You'll find the docs for '@events' at

http://localhost:7075/doc/#sjs:event::events

Thanks for reporting & apologies for the mess up!

pcxunl...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 6:55:30 PM8/22/14
to strati...@googlegroups.com
I see! It seems I picked a bad time to start going through the examples. Good to know that things will get synced up at some point, in the meantime I'll consider the git option.

One question: I've already installed Conductance using the install.sh, how do I uninstall it?

Alexander Fritze

Aug 22, 2014, 7:11:59 PM8/22/14
to strati...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:55 PM, <pcxunl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see! It seems I picked a bad time to start going through the examples.
> Good to know that things will get synced up at some point, in the meantime
> I'll consider the git option.
>
> One question: I've already installed Conductance using the install.sh, how
> do I uninstall it?

If you're on Mac or Linux:

rm -r ~/.conductance

If you opted in to creating global links:

sudo rm /usr/bin/conductance
sudo rm /usr/bin/sjs

pcxunl...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2014, 7:34:36 PM8/22/14