New Pages & HTTP Errors

Kurt Nielsen

Mar 4, 2011, 6:42:50 PM3/4/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
Just sharing my experience. I did a full delete of files & database then reinstalled.
There are links that need updating such as the admin side footer links for help (directs to google code and states I don't have permission)

About pages---
Creating pages work but first it loads to a HTTP 500 error.
  1. Very important Can completely separate pages be built? it seems that every "page" created is linked to the same content.
  2. Also It would be very decent to be able to optionally customize or apply a theme
  3. to each page for individual styling aside from global styling---is this possible?

Kurt Nielsen

Mar 6, 2011, 7:35:18 AM3/6/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
I think I've figured out the page 500 error, this maybe likely due to the customization of a template whereas I've  renamed some png files so they wouldn't load, but oddly I think it shouldn't give me the error on admin side.

About Pages part II  - because there doesn't seem to be a way to add completely new pages (extra dashboards, video, streaming pages etc except for "custom html" or "external links" pages,  I have alternatively installed storytlr on multiple domains with external links connected to each subdomain as pages but now I'll need to know where to add metatags to each new custom html page & all other pages created.

Laurent Eschenauer

Mar 7, 2011, 3:22:45 AM3/7/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
  1. Very important Can completely separate pages be built? it seems that every "page" created is linked to the same content.
You can add 'custom pages'  from the admin environment but these are still storytlr pages with the same header/widget/etc.

However, you have the source code. So it should not be an issue to hack the templates to add your own links pointing to whatever page you like.

Kurt Nielsen

Mar 8, 2011, 7:40:25 AM3/8/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
I Laurent, I have discovered this recently thank you. I wish extra "sources" could have been added so people could have multiple youtube feeds not limited to user accounts but also allows playlists urls. What you've done is great. My alternative was to install it on multiple subdomains and it works great with the same template and multple custom pages & pages created as menu links.