Wont run update.php

Adam B

Jan 15, 2011, 12:28:03 AM1/15/11
to Storytlr Discuss
Hi Storytlr'ers

I have recently installed Storytlr on a hosted service and it worked
like a charm (now running at www.adambindslev.dk) ... but there is a
bit of trouble in paradise. Simply that i cannot get it to update.
Probably it is some simple mistake, but if I try to run update.php I
get the response:

403 Forbidden

You are not allowed to access this page. Possible problems:
Missing index file
Misconfigured mod_rewrite settings in .htaccess
Authentication Failure
Incorrect file or folder permissions

I am probably showing my less than perfect knowledge of PHP here, but
how do I get Storytlr to update? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

best regards

Adam

Laurent Eschenauer

Jan 15, 2011, 5:57:40 AM1/15/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

You cannot execute the update from the web. You have to either:
- login on your system and execute the update.php script in command line
- setup a 'cron job' to do it for you (e.g. every ten minutes)

More details in the section "updating your sources" here:
https://github.com/storytlr/core/wiki/install

Hope it helps,

Laurent