installation problem -- 500 Internal Server Error

Dean Gransar

Jul 25, 2012, 5:34:05 PM7/25/12
to Storytlr Discuss
Hi!
I would like to host a multi-user installation of storytlr and here I
am struggling with
installation! I basically moved the files... hoping that I would be
guided through entering
user name, database name etc. But instead I'm getting the following
error:

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator,
webm...@chotopot.platohelper.net and inform them of the time the
error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused
the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried to follow (given that I don't know how to install via
terminal) is there an easy
way to install storytlr?
Thanks!
Dean.

@eschnou

Jul 26, 2012, 3:20:38 AM7/26/12
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
The easy way is indeed to drop the files in a folder, open a browser, and you'll be guided through the install process.

But it seems you get a 500 error upfront.

- What is your setup ? (os/server/php versions etc.)
- Can you execute a simple php test page ?
- Anything in the logs ?

Without more details it wil be difficult to help out.

-Laurent

webmaster@chotopot.platohelper.net and inform them of the time the