Facebook

perrymsb

Feb 1, 2011, 11:01:46 PM2/1/11
to Storytlr Discuss
Hi

Just wondering if there are any plans to add Facebook to the sources?

Thanks

Perry

John Hobbs

Feb 2, 2011, 10:12:34 AM2/2/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
HI Perry,

I know one or two people were working on them, but I can't find them on Github any more, so maybe they abandoned them?

It should be easier to write one with the new OAuth stuff, but I don't know of anyone currently creating one.

Thanks,

perrymsb

Feb 2, 2011, 3:52:04 PM2/2/11
to Storytlr Discuss
Hi John

Thanks for the reply!

Well thats such a shame, I would have thought Facebook would be a
priority source. I have tried many ways to try and gather posts from
Facebook without any luck.

I seem to be having problems with Internet Explorer too, the script
seems to run very well on most browsers expect IE. Although I dont
really use IE myself most people still do. I really love this script
and would prefer to keep it installed but am concerned about these
issues. :(

Thanks

Perry

On Feb 2, 3:12 pm, John Hobbs <j...@velvetcache.org> wrote:
> HI Perry,
>
> I know one or two people were working on them, but I can't find them on
> Github any more, so maybe they abandoned them?
>
> It should be easier to write one with the new OAuth stuff, but I don't know
> of anyone currently creating one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - John Hobbs
>
> j...@velvetcache.org

Lee

Feb 2, 2011, 4:01:35 PM2/2/11
to Storytlr Discuss
Hi Perry,

I had originally worked on a Facebook plugin, which I did manage to
get working. The code is up on github at https://github.com/leesto/storytlr/tree/facebook
but offer no promises it will work for you.

That said, it turned into a bit of a mess and I would recommend re-
doing it almost from scratch (especially around the area of
authentication when the facebook account is first added to Storytlr).
Facebook have made quite a few changes since when it was written, so
it may be able to slot into the storytlr workflow a lot easier, but I
can't say I've looked into it.

I'm currently on an inter-semester break at uni, so if I get a chance
I'll have a look, but there are a few other things which need my
attention first.

Lee

Kevin Decherf

Feb 2, 2011, 4:20:41 PM2/2/11
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM, perrymsb <perr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Well thats such a shame, I would have thought Facebook would be a
priority source.  I have tried many ways to try and gather posts from
Facebook without any luck.

Kevin Decherf - M: +33 681194547
Office & Production Manager, Clever Cloud SAS