Constantly failing Twitter updates

Quicksilver

Jan 26, 2011, 10:12:57 PM1/26/11
to Storytlr Discuss
Anyone else having trouble with Twitter constantly returning 400
errors when it tries to grab the XML feed?

Is development on this project still going even?

John Hobbs

Jan 26, 2011, 10:56:19 PM1/26/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
Twitter still works for me on Tweets and Favorites.  Perhaps you are hitting request limits or something weird with the API?

Development isn't as hopping as it once was, but we are still here :-)

Laurent Eschenauer

Jan 27, 2011, 3:17:46 AM1/27/11
to storytlr...@googlegroups.com
Same here, twitter works ok for me with a crawl every 10 minutes via a cron job.

You could try to do the request manually (from the server to be in
exact same condititions) with wget or curl and see what is returned:

curl -v http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/$username.xml

Twitter is rate limiting by account (not the case here since the
request is not authenticatd) but also by IP. If you are on a shared
hosted box, and if someone on your IP is abusing twitter; you may be a
collateral damage.

-Laurent