Ir al primer mensaje no leído

nuet

no leída,
29 jul 2007, 6:32:19 p.m.29/7/07
para storyfield
The listserv group indicates 5 members. So we must instruct each conf
member to add themselves to the group.

This time clicking for NEW POST got me to the proper window. A few
minutes ago I was sent to a login window which wouldn't accept me. I
see that I am also a member with email ljv...@aol.com .

At the top of this window is From: nuet <larry....@gmail.com>
which is my OLD gmail address that used the aol. Yet, when I click
on My Groups it doesn't show storyfield group as one of my groups.

I can limp along, but others may need some guidance in setting up a
Gmail account before they can join the group.

Larry

Lion Kimbro

no leída,
30 jul 2007, 11:24:44 a.m.30/7/07
para story...@googlegroups.com
Larry, I've just set your comcast address as a manager of the group.

On 7/29/07, nuet <larry....@gmail.com> wrote:
> The listserv group indicates 5 members. So we must instruct each conf
> member to add themselves to the group.

Another thing we can do, is send out invites through Google.
If they click on the link in the email, they're in.

Another thing we can do, is collect interest manually,
(ie, making a list of who's interested,) and force-subscribing
them to the list. That requires zero participation on their part,
beyond just letting us somehow know that they're interested.

> At the top of this window is From: nuet <larry....@gmail.com>
> which is my OLD gmail address that used the aol. Yet, when I click
> on My Groups it doesn't show storyfield group as one of my groups.

Presently, by my read of the list, larry....@gmail.com is *NOT*
a list member.

If you login to Google Groups and want to use "My Groups,"
visit storyfield through it, and click on "Subscribe to this group."

To Google, each email address you have is a different person;
They have no way of knowing if they are the same or not.

> I can limp along, but others may need some guidance in setting up a
> Gmail account before they can join the group.

ANY e-mail address can send an email to:

storyfield...@googlegroups.com

...and be added to the group, immediately.

Zero google accounts are required.

The first email they send will be moderated. (This is to keep
out spammers.) All email thereafter will be permitted through.

I think the reason you're having trouble, is because you're
using *three different email accounts* to interact with the list.
To Google, these three accounts are *three different people.*

Presently, only your comcast address is signed up for the list.

Gmail accounts are absolutely not required.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos