From Keivn W. Kelley - Story Field - Need your help

Kevin W Kelley

Oct 3, 2007, 11:56:40 PM10/3/07
to story...@googlegroups.com, Kevin W Kelley
Dear Story Field Group.

Many of you may remember the animations I showed at Story Field of
the earth, moon and sun traveling through space as a kind of clock
and calendar and more.

I am putting together a funding proposal right now, just finishing it
really and could very much use some "testimonials" or endorsments if
any of you were moved enough to write me something. I just need a
sentence or two or a paragraph - staging how it affected you or the
power you feel it might have in the world etc..

If you are so inclined I would very much appreciate anything you may
be inspired to send me.

I need these pretty quickly - by Friday if you can - but I would
rather have anything sooner or later than nothing.. So please send
something if you were moved. It will be most helpful!

Many thanks,

Kevin W. Kelley
k...@theHomeGalaxy.com

Tom Atlee

Oct 4, 2007, 10:35:50 AM10/4/07
to story...@googlegroups.com, Kevin W Kelley
I was caught unawares, captivated by Kevin Kelley's cosmic-visionary
images of our complex movement through galactic space, trailing
spirals of lace. While off in a corner somewhere my mind was
fascinated with the potential of these images as a calendar, my
spacious being was opening up into the circling, spiraling beauty of
our cosmic trail, a jaw-dropping view like some once-in-a-lifetime
cloud formation, or the deeply evocative geometry of the most
remarkable of crop circles. I had an Epiphany: Our Spaceship Earth,
so beautiful by itself, is right now carrying us and our allegedly
"ordinary lives" dancing with cosmic partners through vast unfolding
patterns of unspeakable beauty, seen only now for the very first
time. Thank you, Kevin, for taking us so far beyond our pettiness,
waking us into this new dimension of our Immense Journey.

--

________________________________

Tom Atlee * The Co-Intelligence Institute * PO Box 493 * Eugene, OR 97440
http://www.co-intelligence.org * http://www.democracyinnovations.org
Read THE TAO OF DEMOCRACY * http://www.taoofdemocracy.com
Tom Atlee's blog http://www.evolvingcollectiveintelligence.org
Please support our work. * Your donations are fully tax-deductible.

________________________________

Amy Lenzo

Oct 4, 2007, 5:24:53 PM10/4/07
to story...@googlegroups.com, Kevin W Kelley
Wow! And thank YOU, Tom, for weaving such beauty in your description! You
bring back the moment perfectly...

Tom Atlee10/4/07 7:35 AM

ngl...@higheredge.org

Oct 4, 2007, 7:25:31 PM10/4/07
to storyfield
Your animations were a high point of the conference for me, blending
science, mathematics, art, history. They gave me an immediate yet
profound sense of place, of time and timelessness, of being a very
specific point in time and space, yet connected to the whole. Of being
not just in space, but in time-space, a continuously unfolding
cosmos.

It is hard to put in words, impossible in fact, that is WHY the
animation is so precious. It conveys something that cannot be put into
words, only images, and not still images, not a map or a model or a
photo, however lovely, but a moving animation.

As a desktop, a calendar, a timepiece, it grounds me, this individual,
this moment, immediately in the practical present while simultaneously
expanding that present into all time--and time not just mechanically
ticking away, but as moving, cycling, an ever changing story--
breathtaking. It was keenly satisfying both to my mind, to see what I
had long "known" come alive, and to my heart, to see what I had long
felt now made real. I want it where I can see it often, renewing this
sense of sharp reality and far-reaching meaning in me each time.

Brian Good

Oct 4, 2007, 10:08:05 PM10/4/07
to story...@googlegroups.com
Kevin's beautiful traces of the paths of the earth, sun, and moon bring mathematical graphing alive, and take the "music of the spheres" to new levels. Brian Good ----------------------------------------> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:56:40 -0700> From: k...@thehomegalaxy.com> Subject: [storyfield] From Keivn W. Kelley - Story Field - Need your help> To: story...@googlegroups.com> CC: k...@thehomegalaxy.com>>> Dear Story Field Group.>> Many of you may remember the animations I showed at Story Field of> the earth, moon and sun traveling through space as a kind of clock> and calendar and more.>> I am putting together a funding proposal right now, just finishing it> really and could very much use some "testimonials" or endorsments if> any of you were moved enough to write me something. I just need a> sentence or two or a paragraph - staging how it affected you or the> power you feel it might have in the world etc..>> If you are so inclined I would very much appreciate anything you may> be inspired to send me.>> I need these pretty quickly - by Friday if you can - but I would> rather have anything sooner or later than nothing.. So please send> something if you were moved. It will be most helpful!>> Many thanks,>> Kevin W. Kelley> k...@theHomeGalaxy.com>>

Peggy Holman

Oct 6, 2007, 2:32:34 PM10/6/07
to story...@googlegroups.com
When I saw these animations, it literally changed my relationship to the
universe. Never before had I experienced the sense of movement, that
"spaceship earth" itself is always in motion, in beautiful, spiraling
motion. In a visceral way I am different; no longer am I part of a static
place, but rather, I am a voyager in a continually changing universe.

Peggy Holman, co-author, The Change Handbook

Amy Lenzo

Oct 10, 2007, 5:39:05 PM10/10/07
to story...@googlegroups.com
Just in case anyone is interested - there is a free online conference (The Art of Engagement) happening this Friday (the 12th).

It's starting at 9am PST and going all night long, ending with a closing session on Saturday morning between 8-9 PST. It's coming out of Vancouver, and is concurrent with a person-to-person conference of the same name on the same subjects.

There are planned sessions entitled Does Art Matter? Focus on Environmental Art, Storywork and Cross-Cultural Dialogues and they're offering Open Space Dialogue with the people in the Vancouver conference as well as several chat-ready rooms set up for whatever else anyone wants to break off and discuss.

The Open Space is being facilitated by Nancy White, one of the best online facilitators in the business and a great friend to several of us in the StoryField.

If you want to check it out:

http://islandsinstitute.ning.com/