storm ui can only display 1 supervisor although 2 are up

thierry

Dec 11, 2013, 11:43:11 AM12/11/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

I just installed Storm and tried a little bit. I use 1 node for Zookeeper, 1 node for Nimbus and 2 nodes for Supervisors. After I started all of them, I can only see 1 supervisor up at the same time from the storm UI. If I fresh the UI again and again, the 1 supervisor which is displayed changes from 1 of the 2 to another.

I tried read different manuals, blogs and guides, but failed to figure out why. Any idea?

This is my config for storm:
########### These MUST be filled in for a storm configuration
 storm.zookeeper.servers:
     - "compute-0-7"
#compute-0-7 is my zookeeper

 nimbus.host: 10.1.1.1
 nimbus.childopts: "-Xmx1024m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

 ui.childopts: "-Xmx768m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

 supervisor.childopts: "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"
 worker.childopts: "-Xmx768m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

 storm.zookeeper.port: 2181
 storm.local.dir: "/users/staff/xuntao/storm/tmp/storm"
 storm.cluster.mode: "distributed"
 java.library.path: "/users/staff/xuntao/storm/zeromq/lib:/users/staff/xuntao/storm/jzmq/lib"
 supervisor.slots.ports:
    - 6700
    - 6701
 supervisor.enable: true

Terry Schutte

Dec 11, 2013, 1:59:05 PM12/11/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Try clearing the contents of storm.local.dir on both supervisors and restarting.  This happens often for me when I clone a supervisor to a new instance and forget to reset the state.

thierry

Dec 11, 2013, 9:18:15 PM12/11/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

Thanks very much!!!! My problem is in the Troubleshooting section! I should check that. My storm.local.dir is in a shared NFS so it does not work. I am asking my cluster manager to create a local dir for me.

Thanks!!

在 2013年12月12日星期四UTC+8上午2时59分05秒,Terry Schutte写道: