__acker task doesn't start

Christian Würtz

Jun 18, 2013, 5:56:07 AM6/18/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
I've the problem that my topology start no __acker task. Thus the topology.max.spout.pending setting is ignored. I set up the following values:

topology.acker.executors 1
topology.acker.tasks 1
topology.max.spout.pending 100

Also there is one free executor available for the __acker task. I've attached the screenshot of storm's ui...

I think I have the code right. This way the spout emits tuples:
this.collector.emit(new Values(this.data[this.nextItem], System.currentTimeMillis()), this.msgID);

This way they intermediate bolt passes tuples:
this.collector.emit(input, new Values(data, time, prime));
this.collector.ack(input);

And the sink of the topology acks the tuples as well:
this.collector.ack(input);

Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

storm_ui.png

Philip O'Toole

Jun 18, 2013, 11:47:28 AM6/18/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Show us the main page of the Storm UI too.

Philip

<storm_ui.png>

Christian Würtz

Jun 18, 2013, 12:06:00 PM6/18/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
I've made two new screenshots. One of the main and one of the topology page.
storm_ui.png
storm_ui_main.png

Philip O'Toole

Jun 18, 2013, 12:26:54 PM6/18/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
You've truncated the bottom of your main snapshots. It's missing what
I need to see.

Christian Würtz

Jun 19, 2013, 6:35:54 AM6/19/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Now I've made complete copies of the main and the topology page. Do you need any more data?

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:56:07 AM UTC+2, Christian Würtz wrote:
storm_ui.pdf
storm_ui_main.pdf

Philip O'Toole

Jun 19, 2013, 8:33:25 AM6/19/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Click "show system stats" at the bottom of the first UI and confirm that the acker task isn't running.

By the way, I understand that it I'd good practice to set the acker task/executor count to be the same as the number of workers.

<storm_ui.pdf>
<storm_ui_main.pdf>

Christian Würtz

Jun 20, 2013, 3:32:44 AM6/20/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Pressing this button did the trick ^^

Apperently an __acker task is running and my spout receives ack messages. This wasn't the case when I opened this topic and I'm not really sure what I changed, but I'm glad it's working now. Thanks for your time!