failed to install zeromq-2.1.7

Jeremy Harl

Dec 11, 2013, 3:56:24 AM12/11/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  I'm trying to install Storm on my CentOS 6.
and I got the following error while configuring zeromq-2.1.7,
follow the tips, I installed package uuid-devel. and got the same error.

can any body tell me what's the problem? and how to solve it ?
thx.

> ./configure
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether we are using Intel C compiler... no
checking whether we are using Sun Studio C compiler... no
checking whether we are using clang C compiler... no
checking whether we are using gcc >= 4 C compiler... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking whether we are using Intel C++ compiler... no
checking whether we are using Sun Studio C++ compiler... no
checking whether we are using clang C++ compiler... no
checking whether we are using gcc >= 4 C++ compiler... yes
checking whether to enable debugging information... no
checking whether to enable code coverage... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for sem_init in -lrt... yes
checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: cannot link with -luuid, install uuid-dev.