Can we change a topology without production traffic or cluster?

Connie Yang

Dec 10, 2013, 5:10:36 PM12/10/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
If I need to add or remove a bolt/spout in an existing topology in production, is there a way for me to do so without impacting the cluster and more importantly production traffic?  I thought "Swap" in Storm 0.8.2 provides a solution for this, but I can't find more information on this.

So, can this be done safely?  If so, do you have any documentation or blog on this?

Note that I'm not asking for capacity or parallelism increase, but a topology structure change at runtime.

Thanks,
Connie