Looking for a story

Dem Gnomes

Aug 1, 2015, 3:13:23 PM8/1/15
to storiesonline
I don't know if it's on SOL or not. I read it a long time ago, and I tried asking about it here once several years back with no luck.

The story is long, and is basically a tearjerker/romantic tale. It follows a man that suffers some misfortune. I don't recall if his wife dies, or they divorce, or she cheats on him. For whatever reason, he becomes a drunk, and homeless. He wanders across the US, basically from east to west. I suspect he started out in one or the more approachable big cities - maybe Baltimore or Boston. He winds up on the west coast, and starts to turn his life around. He then works back across the country.

One major factor in the story is his journal. Despite everything, he keeps physical possession of this, and keeps writing in it. He has to fight to keep it, I think, at one point.

Any thoughts?

ASBridges

Aug 4, 2015, 12:08:44 AM8/4/15
to storiesonline
Try Wolf's Road Trip http://storiesonline.net/a/Wolf

Dem Gnomes

Aug 23, 2015, 4:11:31 PM8/23/15
to storiesonline
Definitely not that. The one I'm thinking of, the guy is basically a wandering hobo.