Hacked??

Joe LaCour

Aug 21, 2015, 12:30:24 PM8/21/15
to storiesonline
I'm getting emails from some adult site saying click here to join.  A bit earlier I got a notice that somebody was trying to charge my credit card.

Anyone else get anything?

Lazeez Jiddan

Aug 21, 2015, 12:31:49 PM8/21/15
to storie...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 21, 2015, at 12:30 PM, Joe LaCour <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm getting emails from some adult site saying click here to join.  A bit earlier I got a notice that somebody was trying to charge my credit card.

Anyone else get anything?

No.

What does this have to do with SOL?

--
Lazeez Jiddan

Crumbly Writer

Aug 21, 2015, 2:11:00 PM8/21/15
to storiesonline
I agree with Lazeez. I doubt it has anything to do with SOL. It's likely another website or email you visited/responded to. Since SOL is a 'membership' site, this is less likely to happen as opposed to a site like ASSTR.

Invid Fan

Aug 21, 2015, 3:23:55 PM8/21/15
to storiesonline
Most of the posts here have nothing to do with SOL, but with being a writer in general. Asking if other authors were seeing this is a reasonable question, if he thought that's what this was about.

Crumbly Writer

Aug 21, 2015, 3:36:23 PM8/21/15
to storiesonline
That's true, but the way he posted it (with few details) sounds like it's being directed at Lazeez allowing spamware on his site. If he'd described the symptoms, websites or emails which might have triggered it, he'd get better recommendations.

Deadly Ernest

Aug 21, 2015, 4:00:45 PM8/21/15
to storiesonline
The headline for the discussion group is:

Welcome to storiesonline's discussion group. We're a friendly bunch, join us. We discuss writing and other issue related to storiesonline.net

Thus it's clear there are limited topics: writing, and SOL the site or SOL stories - the OP of this thread had nothing to do with writing, no mention of a SOL story, and nothing to do with the SOL site - unless he mean to claim (and didn't) it was due to something at SOL. Thus not relevant to this DG.

Ernest