Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP)

Switch Blayde

Aug 25, 2015, 1:14:11 AM8/25/15
to storie...@googlegroups.com
Amazon's definition for the number of pages for an ebook on KDP is: "The estimated length is calculated using the number of page turns on a Kindle, using settings to closely represent a physical book."

Does anyone know how this compares to Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP)?

Switch
["Sexual Awakening" (full length novel) at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1VHIZC ]

[stories at http://storiesonline.net/auth/Switch_Blayde ]
[Twitter at https://twitter.com/swblayde ]

Crumbly Writer

Aug 25, 2015, 5:30:18 PM8/25/15
to storiesonline
I have no clue how they calculate either one, but, if you try their 'sample viewer' (where they display it on imaginary devices on a webpage), you get a pretty good view of how the pages break down on each device. It sounds like KDP pages are based on 6"x9", whereas the KENP is based on a specific device size.

Switch Blayde

Aug 25, 2015, 7:23:20 PM8/25/15
to storie...@googlegroups.com
I got a response from an author on wattpad who said it has been discussed at length on the KDP forum. She said the two are calculated differently.

Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:30:17 -0700
From: crumbl...@gmail.com
To: storie...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP)