News Bulletin -June 27, 2018

Stop Trafficking

Jun 27, 2018, 3:37:23 AM6/27/18
to stoptraf

                                                                                                                                                                                                   Date : June 27, 2018

Two get 14 years in jail for child trafficking

HYDERABAD Two persons, involved in trafficking children and pressing them into child labour, were convicted by a local cour t in Nampally. The cour t awarded them 14 years of rigorous imprisonment. Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Zone), V Satyanarayana, in a press note said that Mohammed Imtiyaz, a resident of Nalanda district in Bihar and Munna, who is into bangle making business under Bhavani Nagar police station limits, were caught for trafficking minors from Bihar. The two made these minors work in hazardous conditions in bangle making units in 2016. Two separate cases were registered against Imtiyaz and Munna and later police filed chargesheets in the respective cases. Munna was declared an accused in both the cases and he was awarded 14 years of imprisonment in both the offences.

More ...

Child trafficking racket busted 2 arrested 6 minors rescued

ARARIA The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on Friday claimed to have busted a child-trafficking racket in Araria district with the arrest of two persons and rescued six boys. The rescued boys were in the age-group of 10-16 years, a SSB officer said. Acting on a tip-off, we conducted a search operation yesterday evening, along with a number of child rights bodies, close to the Indo-Nepal border. At about 7 pm, we noticed two middle-aged men moving towards

More ...

Prostitution racket busted, 6 girls rescued

MANGALURU The coastal city on Friday woke up to a horror of human trafficking after Mangaluru city police and Mysuru-based NGO Odanadi Seva Samsthe (OSS) jointly busted a sophisticated prostitution racket, wherein trafficked girls allegedly from Bangladesh were forced into prostitution in a specially designed lodge near Pumpwell here. As many as six girls have been rescued and eight persons arrested so far. Five girls, who are minors, have managed to flee from the spot using a secret hideout. The arrested have been identified as

More ...

22 child labourers rescued

As many as 22 child labourers working at brick kilns and other vulnerable places were rescued during a joint operation led by the District Legal Services Authority (DLSA) in Ongole. The officials from the Women and Child Welfare Department and social activists from the Childline India Foundation’s NGO partner ‘HELP’ also took part in the joint operation. Three children who were loitering near the brick kilns at Karavadi village were rescued. They were admitted to the government school in the village on Monday.

More ...

Three Bangladeshis get 10 years RI in 2012 human trafficking case

On August 21, 2012, the Anti-Human Trafficking Cell of Thane police had conducted a raid and rescued five victims, including two minors. THANE A district court has sentenced three Bangladeshi nationals to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment in a 2012 human trafficking case. District sessions judge S C Khalipe convicted the trio-- Abdul alias Afzal Shaikh alias Gaffar Shafiuddin Shaikh (48), his wife Shivali alias Sangita Abdul Shaikh (36) and her sister Nargis Abdul Hasan Mandal (30).

More ...

Shopkeeper held for sexually abusing two minor girls

MALAPPURAM The police have arrested a 56-year-old shopkeeper for sexually abusing two minor girls in Tanur. The accused sexually assaulted the girls when they had gone to his shop to buy candies. The accused has been identified as Muhammed Bava, a native of Shanthinagar. Police have lodged a case under different sections of the Pocso act. The incident came to light after locals found an abandoned memory card of mobile phone from Kundungal near Tanur town. After finding that the memory card has visuals of shop owner abusing two minor girls aged below ten, they informed the children helpline about the incident. Acting on a complaint by the children helpline

More ...

Bihar govt mulls campaign to curb child labour

PATNA Tuesday was observed as the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’ across the globe, but for hundreds of children in the age group of five to 17 years in the city, the day was no different as they were forced to work under unspeakable conditions. “Eat our bread-pakoda for just Rs 12,†a 13-year-old boy, Raghav, was heard requesting his prospective customers near a cinema hall at Gandhi Maidan. He helps his father in running the roadside eatery. “I have many members in my family, but only my father earns. Hence, I have no other option but to help him in running the stall. I wanted to study, but was helpless,†Raghav added.

More ...

Team Uma to stand against child labour

Uma is about how a child’s dreams of catching the Durga Puja in Kolkata before the lights of her life go out come true. At the heart of the film is Uma aka Sara Sengupta and the film team is doing every bit to touch people’s lives. First, Nicole Wellwood, mother of Evan Leversage, whose young life was cut short by an incurable brain tumour, came down to talk about the movie made on her son, and now the cast and crew will pledge to stand against child labour and support the month-long awareness drive on child labour launched by CRY — Child Rights and You.

More ...

Download

Download

Funding Opportunity (Women & Child Development)
Useful Links

Contact Us at

Flat no. 4, 1st floor, Our Lady of Guia Building (RTO Building), Entrance from staircase next to Monginis
Vasco, Goa

+91-0832-2501416 (office)
+91-9422438109 (mobile)
E-mail: in...@stoptrafficking.in

This Newsletter is distributed by www.stoptrafficking.in (An initiative of Arz)

If you do not want to receive this mail in future, then please reply to this mail with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE