News Bulletin - January 25, 2018

1 view

Stop Trafficking

Jan 24, 2018, 11:17:38 PM1/24/18
to stoptraf

                                                                                                                                                                                                   Date : January 25, 2018

Schooling the children of migrant labourers

Araria A team of 56th battalion of Sashashtra Seema Bal (SSB) today arrested a person, allegedly involved in child trafficking, and rescued five children from Jogbani railway station in Bihars Araria district. Acting on a tip-off, the SSB personnel carried out a special search operation at Jogbani railway station and intercepted a person since five children, all of them boys, were accompanying him, SSBs 56th battalion Commandant Mukesh Tyagi said. On being asked by SSBs patrolling team, the person, later identified as Mohammad Naim, failed to give any satisfactory reply about where he was taking the children and why, Tyagi said. When asked, the children, all of them less than 15 years old told the SSB team that Mohammad Naim was taking them to New Delhi where they would be given jobs, the commandant said.

More ...

Mumbai- Son missing since 15, mechanic turns crusader against child labour

Mechanic Bansi Rafukiya (35) remembers his last phone call with son Aditya in December 2015. He had scolded the 12-year-old for not performing well in academics. The next day, Aditya had packed his school bag, filled a water bottle, and left home in a red shirt. It has been over two years since he went missing. From a father desperately searching for his son, Bansi now helps rescue other kids from child labour. On several occasions, local residents sought him out to help rehabilitate runaway children. “In last two years I have called Childline several times to inform them about kids I find alone on streets. If I find police, I take their help. Whenever I hear of missing child case in any police station, I rush there. Someday may be some runaway kid provide link to my son,” he says.

More ...

State forms Juvenile Justice Fund

The State government has given shape to a new fund for the benefit of the children who need special care and protection. The scheme named Juvenile Justice Fund has been devised in response to a demand made in the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015. Playback singer K.S. Chitra will be the ambassador of the JJ Fund, which will be inaugurated at a children’s festival to be held in Thiruvananthapuram from January 22. The government mooted the fund considering the enthusiasm being displayed by philanthropists across the State in helping children.

More ...

Ten couples wanted for trafficking youths to UK

Nagpur police have registered cases against 10 couples for trafficking youths to the UK by using fake passports. “Together, they have trafficked about 60 young men from 2007 till 2015. The UK government’s inquiry found in 2016 that the racket was being operated from Nagpur. So, they informed us in a letter dated September 18 last year. A preliminary inquiry by the Crime Branch found truth in the information. Based on our finding, we have registered offences against the 10 couples under Section 12 of the Passport Act and under Sections 420, 467 and 468 of the IPC,” Joint Commissioner of Police Shivaji Bodkhe said. No arrests have been made so far.

More ...

Open trafficking

Following the 2015 Nepal earthquake, the Ministry of Home Affairs said that human trafficking from Nepal to India witnessed “a three-fold jump”. The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) reported that most of the victims were minors, with girls and boys in equal numbers, and many were from the earthquake-affected districts of Nepal. In Dhangadhi and Rupandehi districts of Nepal, representatives of NGOs working on human trafficking said that quake-affected Sindhupalchowck district was among the key source districts for cross-border trafficking to India. A large number of women from this district left the country after the earthquake to find employment abroad, either through Rasuwagadhi or some other transit point along the India-Nepal border, said Asha from an NGO. “The destination countries for most of them were Kyrgyzstan, Israel, West Asia, and India. Many have also left for Kathmandu,” she said.

More ...

Bihar- Sashashtra Seema Bal rescues five children, arrests one trafficker

Araria A team of 56th battalion of Sashashtra Seema Bal (SSB) today arrested a person, allegedly involved in child trafficking, and rescued five children from Jogbani railway station in Bihars Araria district. Acting on a tip-off, the SSB personnel carried out a special search operation at Jogbani railway station and intercepted a person since five children, all of them boys, were accompanying him, SSBs 56th battalion Commandant Mukesh Tyagi said. On being asked by SSBs patrolling team, the person, later identified as Mohammad Naim, failed to give any satisfactory reply about where he was taking the children and why, Tyagi said.

More ...

Politics Supreme Court seeks response from states over child trafficking issue

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday observed that the dignity of children must be protected and sought a response from all states and union territories on the issue of trafficking of children from orphanages. Chief Justice Dipak Misra issued notices to all states and union territories (UTs) and questioned them as to why exclusive human right courts had not been set up so far. Holding it to be an issue of national importance, the court expanded the scope of the petition to include all states and sought to understand issues such as running of orphanages, mode and method of adoption, care and treatment given to the children etc. “The dignity of a child must be protected. Rights of a child are sacred, for the future of the country depends on how they are treated,” said Misra.

More ...

Download

Download

Funding Opportunity (Women & Child Development)
Useful Links

Contact Us at

Flat no. 4, 1st floor, Our Lady of Guia Building (RTO Building), Entrance from staircase next to Monginis
Vasco, Goa

+91-0832-2501416 (office)
+91-9422438109 (mobile)
E-mail: in...@stoptrafficking.in

This Newsletter is distributed by www.stoptrafficking.in (An initiative of Arz)

If you do not want to receive this mail in future, then please reply to this mail with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE