Hiroshima and Nagasaki Commemoration, Fri 6th Aug in Aberdeen

Stephen Fiddes

Jul 29, 2010, 6:55:07 PM7/29/10
to stopthewa...@googlegroups.com
Hiroshima and Nagasaki Commemoration

Aberdeen CND invites you to mark the 65th anniversary of the first use of nuclear weapons. In August 1945 the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

We will release 200 peace lanterns on the River Dee to commemorate the 200,000 men, women and children who died.

There will also be short contributions from persons representing Student organisations, Trade Unions, Faith Groups and Political leaders.

We will gather from 8.30pm on Friday, 6th August 2010, at the Fisherman’s Hut on the River Dee by Riverside Drive -  see map below
For further details see: www.aberdeencnd.co.uk

or contact : Sinde Astraea, West Edingarioch Farm, Premnay, Insch, Aberdeenshire, AB52 6PL tel: 0787-904-6779

CND campaigns to stop any future mass destructions!
We call on the Government to:

Ø      Scrap the Trident nuclear system.

Ø      Cancel plans for the next generation nuclear weapons

Ø      Work for international nuclear disarmament

embedded map.jpg
A4 lanscape flyer for Hiroshima event 2010b.pdf