Boom 2 1.6.9 MacOS [Full]

Deny Debwany

Jul 4, 2024, 9:22:12 AM (17 hours ago) Jul 4
to stopnertioflex

Yes, Boom is the culprit. It tore my speaker cones on Macbook Pro 2012 non retina. Boom not even once mentioned it would cause such issues, it similarly damaged my wired headphones after a year of boom boost.

About Michael Droettboom
I'm a computer scientist and software engineer, specializing in imaging and data: sheet music, scientific visualization, astromony, biomedical data and software telemetry. Open source software and open science advocate.

I am having a problem with the Jabra Evolve 75 UC where moving the boom arm up (mute) and down (unmute) works at a hardware level but does not stay in sync with the mute/unmute status in MS Teams. It doesn't fail 100% of the time, it is about 50/50 being in sync to not in sync.

Means that if I want to talk on a call I can't just lower the boom arm down, I also have to check what the mute status is in Teams and manually click on the unmute button so that the software and the hardware are in sync. It is terribly distracting for my calls, having to worry about the mute status in the software being different from the hardware.

Also note that this all works perfectly in the Zoom application. 100% of the time the Zoom mute status is fully in sync with the mute status of the Evolve 75 headset. Raise the boom arm on the headset, Zoom shows mute is applied. Lower the boom arm on the headset, Zoom shows mute is not applied.

As of January 4 this issue remains exactly the same. Multiple updates to Jabra Direct and MS Teams and the problem remains. The boom arm properly mutes and unmutes in Zoom just as it has all along but the software mute status in MS Teams is only in sync with the position of the boom arm on the headset about 50% or less of the time.

I got myself in a Teams meeting and the software status of the mute was 100% in sync with the location of the boom arm on the Jabra Evolve 75 UC. Raise the boom, Teams mutes. Lower the boom, Teams unmutes. Just like it always has done in Zoom, it now also seems to do that 100% of the time in Teams.

Day 1: Zero issues today across multiple Teams meetings with the boom controlling the mute status in Teams. Amazing how such a little thing can have so much impact. It is looking very likely that replacing the Link 370 with the Link 380 entirely resolves the issue.

Day 5: Still not a single issue with the hardware mute status of the Evolve 75 UC being out of sync with the software mute status in Teams. Raising the boom arm on the headset mutes Teams, lowering it unmutes. Happens every time.

aa06259810