Go.google redirect

PsychoticAdvisor

Oct 8, 2008, 10:27:58 AM10/8/08
to stopbadware
I'm a noob so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong
place. My computer was recently infected with an annoying redirect
that mimicked the Google search engine. I practically live in the
Google search engine so this was particularly troublesome to me. The
page was exactly the same as Google, and even had Google dot com in
the URL bar. Their was a slight difference however, and that was that
the font size was just a bit bigger. When something was entered into
the search window, the page would redirect, (just as Google does) to a
list of web sites. (I noticed that the URL bar then read go.google
plus a search string of other characters) However when you clicked on
one of the pages, the browser would go to a list of lame advertising
and/or other so called search engines. Whatever this code was, it also
blocked access to most of the major malware detection download sites.
(Like Symantec and Lavasoft). I finally did manage to send a link to
the download sites to my Gmail account from another computer. Somehow
clicking on that link in my Gmail account bypassed the malware and my
browser was able to get through. Surprisingly, neither Ad-aware nor
Norton 360 corrected the problem. I hate to recommend software,
because you never know who the good guys and the bad guys are, but I
did find an obscure malware remover called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
that seems to have corrected the problem, at least for now. I
absolutely HATE malicious code, and wish we could hang all these guys
in a public square. Thanks for your diligent efforts, StopBadware!

Bill

Nov 16, 2008, 3:38:06 AM11/16/08
to stopbadware
Browser redirects to go.google/go.yahoo/go.msn

Symptoms: Slow internet search, text fonts in Google are bigger than
normal, redirected to go.google/go.yahoo/go.msn and then on to
advertisements after clicking on links on Google page, unable to
download any anti-spyware downloads, unable to download Microsoft’s
malware program (says page is unavailable), unable to go to many
trouble-shooting help forums and download pages (says pages are
unavailable or that there is no internet connection), Malwarebytes and
other malware programs will not run (they freeze up during the
install)

After fighting with this for 2 days, I finally found the following
solution posted (worked on 11/16/08):

Go to www.freedrweb.com/cureit/ for free (you will have to do this on
another computer, because the malware will not let you do it on the
infected computer), download the program on a jump drive, and then run
on the infected computer.

Then, after running cureit, you should be able to download and run
Malwarebytes to get rid of the remaining residue.

It worked for me, my computer is back to normal (after cureit deleted
a tdssxxom file in Windows/System32/drivers)!!!

On Oct 8, 7:27 am, PsychoticAdvisor <psychoticadvi...@gmail.com>