Am I Infected?

Cliff

Nov 20, 2008, 2:27:44 PM11/20/08
to stopbadware
Over the last week, I have seen the warning that my site
(sentientcreations.com) contains malware in Chrome, as have a couple
of my friends. The strange thing is it's very hit or miss, I only get
it maybe 1 out of every 10 times I go to the site. I've looked through
all my source code and don't see anything suspicious. I checked my
Google Webmaster tools and there aren't any errors or warning there,
and http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=sentientcreations.com
doesn't list anything. So the question is, am I infected with
malware?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cliff Johnson

Anirban Banerjee

Nov 20, 2008, 2:49:57 PM11/20/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Hello :-),
Your website doesn't show up with warnings in Google! What
warnings are you referring to?

-A

--
Anirban Banerjee, PhD
Security Manager,JAAL LLC

UseShots

Nov 20, 2008, 3:17:50 PM11/20/08
to stopbadware
Hi Cliff,

I don't see anything suspicious, but as you say the warnings are
random...

I noticed you are using Plogger. This advisory says:
------------
http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln30547.html
"A successful exploit may allow an attacker to compromise the
application, access or modify data, or exploit latent vulnerabilities
in the underlying database.
Plogger 3.0 and prior versions are vulnerable."
------------

Denis
http://www.UnmaskParasites.com

Cliff

Nov 20, 2008, 3:18:34 PM11/20/08
to stopbadware
If you use Google Chrome as a browser, it has a malware warning page.
So sometimes when I go to my website, I get warning page saying that
the site has a malware problem, specifically related to divinets.cn.

Cliff

On Nov 20, 12:49 pm, Anirban Banerjee <banerjee.anir...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello :-),
>            Your website doesn't show up with warnings in Google! What
> warnings are you referring to?
>
> -A
>
> --
> Anirban Banerjee, PhD
> Security Manager,JAAL LLChttp://www.jaalcheck.com
>
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 11:27 -0800, Cliff wrote:
> > Over the last week, I have seen the warning that my site
> > (sentientcreations.com) contains malware in Chrome, as have a couple
> > of my friends. The strange thing is it's very hit or miss, I only get
> > it maybe 1 out of every 10 times I go to the site. I've looked through
> > all my source code and don't see anything suspicious. I checked my
> > Google Webmaster tools and there aren't any errors or warning there,
> > andhttp://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=sentientcreations.com

Cliff

Nov 20, 2008, 3:21:58 PM11/20/08
to stopbadware
Hmmmm. That is a possibility. Sadly, plogger is only sorta maintained,
so 3.0 is the most recent version. I'll have to see if their forums
have any updates.

Thanks,

Cliff

On Nov 20, 1:17 pm, UseShots <goo...@useshots.com> wrote:
> Hi Cliff,
>
>   I don't see anything suspicious, but as you say the warnings are
> random...
>
>   I noticed you are using Plogger. This advisory says:
> ------------http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln30547.html

Anirban Banerjee

Nov 20, 2008, 3:26:04 PM11/20/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Oh! sorry.. was working on Firefox extensions and the word chrome just
stuck in mind with reference to it.

-A

--
Anirban Banerjee, PhD
Security Manager,JAAL LLC

Cliff

Nov 20, 2008, 3:46:15 PM11/20/08
to stopbadware
No worries. :) Apparently there is a newer version of Plogger in SVN
that is supposed to have fixes for the sql injection issues. I'm going
to give it a shot, see how it works.

Cliff