still getting a malware notice in firefox for my domain

kzap

Nov 8, 2008, 4:27:54 AM11/8/08
to stopbadware
when i visit www.gamesites200.com/mpog/ i get a notice in firefox
still even though its almost been a month since google last found
malware on the site, others have also reported seeing this notice.

How do i get this notice removed? any idea? i know theres no malware,
the notice is an error.
do others get this notice at the url above?

UseShots

Nov 8, 2008, 10:44:09 AM11/8/08
to stopbadware
Hi,

Another ambiguous diagnostics page from Google
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com

It says, the last time Google visited the site (yesterday
2008-11-07) it found suspicious content there, still the site is not
listed as suspicious.

Very strange.

Denis
http://UnmaskParasites.com

Oliver Fisher

Nov 8, 2008, 11:34:09 AM11/8/08
to stopbadware
Sorry to hear you're having problems, kzap. I'm not familiar with the
Firefox client code, so can't say exactly what is going on. But,
there are issues with the gamesites200 . com website and blacklisting
some of it is not an false-positive.

It looks like you've been doing a good job of investigating what's
been happening with the site recently. But, you may be facing of the
toughest sources of malware to find: a malicious ad. You should
contact your ad provider and give them the information from the
diagnostic page. If a malicious ad keeps being displayed on your
site, some or all of your website pages may continue to be
blacklisted.

Denis, if malware is isolated to a particular section of a website,
Google doesn't necessarily blacklist the whole domain. This is one of
those cases. http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com/mpog/
is not currently blacklisted, but
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com/psp/
is blacklisted. Webmasters can see which urls are currently
blacklisted from Google's Webmaster Tools (http://www.google.com/
webmasters/tools).

Hope that helps,
O.

UseShots

Nov 8, 2008, 3:16:28 PM11/8/08
to stopbadware
Thanks for the clarification, Oliver.

Actually the diagnostics pages for "www.gamesites200 .com/psp/" and
"www.gamesites200 .com/mpog" are pretty clear.

For "mpog" it says http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com/mpog/
"This site is not currently listed as suspicious." and "The last
time Google visited this site was on 2008-11-07, and the last time
suspicious content was found on this site was on 2008-10-16." - clean
for about a month.

For "psp" it says http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com/psp/
"Site is listed as suspicious" and "The last time Google visited
this site was on 2008-11-07, and the last time suspicious content was
found on this site was on 2008-11-07." - still infected.

But for the root, the diagnostics page is ambiguous:
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.com/
"This site is not currently listed as suspicious." and "The last
time Google visited this site was on 2008-11-07, and the last time
suspicious content was found on this site was on 2008-11-07." -
Still infected but not suspicious.

You really should consider changing the way you present information
on the diagnostics page.

Denis
http://UnmaskParasites.com

kzap

Nov 8, 2008, 10:23:55 PM11/8/08
to stopbadware
Ya i found the malicious ad code, it didnt last an hour on the site
but it was enough to make a notice on gamesites200.com/psp/ but even
before that when there was no malicious ad there, gamesites200.com/
mpog/ was still giving me a notice and others

On Nov 9, 4:16 am, UseShots <goo...@useshots.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, Oliver.
>
>   Actually the diagnostics pages for "www.gamesites200.com/psp/" and
> "www.gamesites200.com/mpog" are pretty clear.
>
>   For "mpog" it sayshttp://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.c...
>   "This site is not currently listed as suspicious." and "The last
> time Google visited this site was on 2008-11-07, and the last time
> suspicious content was found on this site was on 2008-10-16." - clean
> for about a month.
>
>   For "psp" it sayshttp://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.gamesites200.c...

kzap

Nov 19, 2008, 9:50:09 PM11/19/08
to stopbadware
Ok its back on http://www.gamesites200.com/mpog/ on FireFox 2.0 . I
dont know who to report this to or how
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://gamesites200.com
shows no problem since 11/07 .
The warning message was gone and now its back. Very annoying and not
good since I dont think I'm the only one getting it.

Anyway one else get an error on the site URL above?

On Nov 9, 11:23 am, kzap <jaymdoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ya i found the malicious ad code, it didnt last an hour on the site
> but it was enough to make a notice ongamesites200.com/psp/ but even

Anirban Banerjee

Nov 19, 2008, 10:02:33 PM11/19/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
I'm not seeing any "attack site" warnings!

-A

--
Anirban Banerjee, PhD
Security Manager,JAAL LLC