How to increase my website security

JianYong

Nov 19, 2008, 11:34:31 PM11/19/08
to stopbadware
Thank you for reading.

My website is http://www.bukitbintangproperty.com and http://www.golf-lessons.com.sg.
It has been infected with virus / hack by somebody. Google has
recently listed my site as attack site.

My hosting account allows me to host more than 1 website. What I did
previously is to delete that particular website from my hosting
account and upload the files from the computer again. By doing so, I'm
able to get rid of the virus.
Google has also approved by request for review.

However, my website was infected with same virus again today. Not only
that, my other website from the same hosting account has infected this
time as well. May I know what can I do to increase my website
security?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Debbie D

Nov 20, 2008, 9:50:20 AM11/20/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
If you site was reinfected so quickly either the host system is infected - contact your hosting company for direction there -- AND/OR -- you have a keylogger trojan on your computer, in that case you need to first change your passwords - all of them -- from a different computer, clean your site, get your computer cleaned up.. I highly also suggest a freeware program (you can google for it) called Key Scrambler
debbie

Regards,
Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\ ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin - IDSR
Bookmark our new Blog/Journal featuring News, New Arrivals and special deals.
http://nailgdsss-beautytech.blogspot.com/

webm...@beautytech.com
(AOL or AIM - NailGdsss, GTalk - wkdwich, MSN - wkd...@hotmail.com)
WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount, VA
631-981-1273  fax 631-981-7557
ONLINE STORE http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe
http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
    for Professionals             for Consumers

JianYong

Nov 20, 2008, 9:11:38 PM11/20/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Debbie, Thank you very much for you guidance.
Does this trojan change my computer password? It seems like I can't login using my password today.
I have been using finger print..

Debbie D

Nov 20, 2008, 11:21:17 PM11/20/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I don't know anything about using fingerprint.. but I do know for a fact (been there done that) if you have a keylogger on your PC it will update passwords as you change them

For instance lets say your hosting user name is mememe and your password is 123456.. assuming you have a keylogger Trojan on your PC, when you change the password on THAT computer to 654321 the logger records it and updates their files allowing continued access to your hosting for more fun & games while you lose sleep :)

It might very well be capable of logging or even changing passwords.. lord knows these types of attacks are definitely more frequent and sometimes harder to locate and fix. Keyloggers are probably the hardest of Trojans to find and completely remove from a PC.. I know I had to reformat my hard drive to be completely rid of it. Changing passwords from a different computer (assuming THAT one does not also have a keylogger on it, is the safest way to quickly stop the bleeding while you investigate, cleanup and get the warning notices removed.

Hope that explains it better

Debbie

JianYong

Nov 21, 2008, 6:02:24 AM11/21/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Debbie,

So you mean if i use Key scramble, trojan will not be able to keep up with me right?

Debbie D

Nov 21, 2008, 11:39:06 AM11/21/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
No promises.. but yes.. it works inside MSIE and FF (and some other programs too) and encrypts whatever you type in any boxes..