New, improved forum: BadwareBusters.org

Maxim Weinstein, StopBadware

Nov 21, 2008, 11:25:14 AM11/21/08
to stopbadware
Dear StopBadware.org community members,

Today, StopBadware.org and Consumer Reports WebWatch are jointly
launching BadwareBusters.org, a new site where people can ask and
answer questions about keeping their websites and their computers free
of badware.

We hope this site will foster an even more active community of folks
motivated to learn from and educate each other on how to fight back
against badware.

We will soon be closing the doors on this Google Group, as we direct
everyone with questions to BadwareBusters.org. For the next week or
two, existing members of the group are free to continue their
conversations, but we hope you will all head over and become members
of the new site, and continue your conversations there.

Thank you for your commitment to the cause,
Maxim Weinstein
Manager, StopBadware.org

SteveW

Nov 22, 2008, 6:50:12 PM11/22/08
to stopbadware
Will the historical posts of this group be archived?

On Nov 21, 8:25 am, "Maxim Weinstein, StopBadware"

UseShots

Nov 22, 2008, 7:10:12 PM11/22/08
to stopbadware
I hope the archive of this group will remain available on the web.
There had been many interesing and insightful discussions.

Denis
http://www.UnmaskParasites.com

Jesse Nicola

Nov 22, 2008, 10:29:37 PM11/22/08
to stopb...@googlegroups.com
Dude another big pain in the ass for working with google.

Once your webpage is fine and doesn't have any malware and all that
jazz, and it's all set and good, how the heck do you get your keyword
advertising going again?!?!?!?

Maxim Weinstein, StopBadware

Nov 24, 2008, 12:07:20 PM11/24/08
to stopbadware
Yes, our plan is to retain this group as a read-only archive.

Regards,
Maxim

Niels Provos

Nov 26, 2008, 8:54:16 PM11/26/08
to stopbadware
<mweinst...@cyber.law.harvard.edu> wrote:
> We will soon be closing the doors on this Google Group, as we direct
> everyone with questions to BadwareBusters.org. For the next week or
> two, existing members of the group are free to continue their
> conversations, but we hope you will all head over and become members
> of the new site, and continue your conversations there.

Will there be an RSS/Atom feed for the new site? That's basically
the only way I am currently managing to keep up with discussions here.

Niels.
Google Anti-Malware Team

Maxim Weinstein, StopBadware

Dec 2, 2008, 1:57:58 PM12/2/08
to stopbadware
Yes, we will be releasing a feature update soon--probably this
Thursday--which will include an RSS feed of all new conversations, as
well as conversation-specific RSS feeds.

=Max=