Reader's Reactions to Civil War Two J.R. Nyquist: 01.15.02

kabud

Sep 2, 2008, 9:17:45 AM9/2/08
to STOP KGB
Reader's Reactions to Civil War Two
J.R. Nyquist: 01.15.02
http://web.archive.org/web/20030301215853/www.sierratimes.com/02/01/15/nyquist.htm
I was intrigued by the feedback I got from last week's article about
Thomas W. Chittum's "Civil War Two," which deals with the
Balkanization of our country. A number of readers didn't read
carefully enough to realize that I fully acknowledged the reality of
ethnic crisis in the U.S. Perhaps some readers cannot understand why I
refuse to put racial brawling at the top of my "to do" list. Somebody
even responded by writing that "Mr. Nyquist's focus on the origins of
World War Four may cause him to dismiss a second Civil War simply
because the concept draws attention away from his pet theme."

Of course, I didn't dismiss the possibility of a second Civil War.
However, when I look at the military balance planet-wide, and I see
missiles sprouting up in China like weeds, and I see Russia playing
games with its treaty commitments, and when we note how the global
economic system relies on the United States to keep the peace, then I
ask myself what happens if America slouches toward Civil War Two?
Taking a larger view of things, it seems to me that Chittum and his
supporters don't take the foreign threats to this country seriously.
If they understood Civil War Two, as they claim, they might begin to
see it more in terms of World War III. It is no accident that key
black radicals (like the Black Panthers) are Marxist-Leninists. Ditto
for the radical Hispanics who want to create a separate borderland
state in the Southwest.

Must I remind everyone that the People's Republic of China is a
Marxist-Leninist state? For that matter, Russia is a state dominated
by "former" Marxist-Leninist functionaries. Last I looked, the black
and Hispanic radicals in this country don't have a single nuclear
warhead or ICBM. But their ideological "brothers" in Russia and China
have plenty - aimed at Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C.

So let us consider whether a struggle for power between the Russia-
China alliance and the U.S., involving ethnic malcontents in the U.S.,
is really a civil war or merely an extension of Chinese armed
aggression and subversion.

Does anybody want to do the political and military math on that one?

Another reader was upset that I seemed to praise the staying power of
materialism as the glue that holds our society together. But in this
matter I only stated the facts, since materialism has to some extent
eroded religion, discipline, authority and tradition it has had to
substitute for these things with advertising, greed, sex, careerism,
etc. I didn't say this was a good thing. I simply said that it was a
prevailing thing. And prevailing things have power in them. Whether or
not the present form of capitalism can last is something we will
eventually find out, one way or the other. For those who are curious,
my book argues that capitalism is undoing itself because it
progressively destroys what Joseph Schumpeter called its own
"protective strata."

Another reader, taking me to task for my youth, noted: "Perhaps you
are too young to remember when the leader of the Black Muslims said he
wanted the Southern tier of States (in the U.S.) to be a separate
black nation."

Is this the same Black Muslims who are waiting for the "Mother-ship"
to come and zap all white people (as all white people are the spawn of
Satan)?

The reader did not specify, but continued: "Perhaps you do not know
why the war of aggression was fought by the U.S. against the C.S.A.
[Confederate States of America]. After the U.S. defeated the C.S.A.
your American Caesar A. Lincoln permitted the South to be plundered.
Perhaps you believe that A. Lincoln was justified in throwing
political foes into prison without trial (Northern people by the way).
He conquered the South and made sure that the U.S. could retain hold
on the once free nation."

Old Abe Lincoln has a lot of moss growing on him so I hesitate to dig
him up. I'd rather make a deal with my Southern friends. I promise not
to dig up Lincoln if they promise not to dig up Jeff Davis. And I will
concede the following point: namely, that the Confederate president
would have looked fine on top of a tank, but I'm told that he doesn't
sit upright all that well in his present decayed condition.

Friends, Americans, countrymen! Shall we praise Caesar or bury him? I
know the Russians have Lenin laid out in a Moscow display case, but
we've always had a better sense of decorum in putting our best people
underground when they assume room temperature.