A new parabolic trough can stop global warming. Unexpectedly.

azuredu

Jan 7, 2009, 2:08:42 AM1/7/09
to Solar beats fossil

No I don't mean current huge parabolic troughs in those desert solar
power plants. They are too expensive to compete with coal, and too big
to be put into everyone's home.

It is a new design. This time, it is cheap enough to bring solar
energy cost down to well below that of any fossil fuel, simple enough
to be home made using basic hand tools, small enough to sit on
rooftops, while powerful enough for efficient electricity generation.

Visit http://wims.unice.fr/xiao/solar/index.html

It reminds me of the old days when personal computers began. At that
time, there were big computers, too expensive for ordinary people,
too big for homes. Then some smart people started building cheap and
small computers in their garages, called "personal computers".

Today, these people are big bosses of some top IT companies. I let
you name them.

If you want to repeat the history, let me help you.