membership of group

Charlene Smith

Jul 12, 2013, 10:37:58 AM7/12/13
to stop-ethanol-train...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I was at a meeting a while ago and asked to join this group - I signed a clipboard but my name hasn't been added.

I want to congratulate you on marvelous work so far but I'm concerned that your focus is too narrow, you're just looking at Boston media when this is a national issue.  And will there be any pickets or 'face' of this group at the Convention in Lowell tomorrow?

Charlene Smith
Cambridge, MA - United States of America
Landline  (00-1) 617-714-3414

Award winning writer, broadcaster, & television producer. Authorized biographer Nelson Mandela.

Member of American Society of Journalists and Authors
Author's Guild

Alexandra Kepner

Jul 12, 2013, 10:50:36 AM7/12/13
to Charlene Smith, stop-ethanol-train...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Charlene--

My apologies if it was my clipboard you signed--I'll make sure you're added right away.  This group is completely open--anyone is able to sign themselves up to it.  You might have signed one of the legislators' check-in sheets, which was not affiliated with this group.  Regardless, welcome aboard!

I agree that this is a national issue.  Frankly, it's been extremely difficult to get local mainstream media, let alone national media to pick up on it.  The Lac-Mégantic tragedy last weekend is now drawing much wider attention to the hazards of fuel transport by rail.  Yesterday, WBUR's Radio Boston did a piece on the issue.  Any help in reaching out to a larger audience would be most welcome.

As far as the Lowell Convention goes, I think some of the Chelsea folks were discussing plans, but right now everyone is focused on what Governor Patrick's plans are re: the Chapter 91 amendment.

--Alix

Alexandra Kepner

Jul 12, 2013, 11:51:05 AM7/12/13
to stop-ethanol-train...@googlegroups.com

Jul 12, 2013, 12:03:52 PM7/12/13
to stop-ethanol-train...@googlegroups.com
I am also a delegate and would be happy to use some of my time on an issue this important.

Heather Hoffman