mailing list change

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 2, 2012, 6:45:36 PM7/2/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Until today this Stoos Stampede mailing list was for people interested in the stampede. It served its purpose getting feedback during the organization of the event.

However, recent messages make it clear people want a mailing for those attending the stampede. The organizers want to leave a lot to self-organization, and a mailing list can help make that happen.

That's why I made the following changes:

All registered attendees attending the Stoos Stampede are added to this list
Almost half of the attendees did not subscribe to this mailing list. Which means they are missing interesting messages about dinners, keynotes, etc... I am adding everyone who was missing and set the default email delivery method to Digest.

All "No Email" settings changed for registered attendees
Some registered attendees were on this mailing list with email delivery method "No Email". Same story here. They might be missing useful mesages. I took the liberty to set their email delivery method to Abridged, which is the least intrusive setting.

If I made a mistake with anyone's email address or setting, feel free to complain in my direction. I will do my best to make it up to you.

This mailing list will stop working after the event. Or, if for some reason we decide to keep it, we will remind everyone they can opt out.

Looking forward to see you all in Amsterdam!

Jurgen

p.s. This mailing list is for the participants themselves. Official announcements go through a separate channel.