Stoos Vision

Steffen Lentz

Jul 15, 2012, 8:56:22 AM7/15/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
At the Stampede in Amsterdam we discussed whether Stoos would need a manifesto, or - if not - how we describe the vision and mission of the movement.

The discussion we had is greatly reflected in blogs by Mark, Fabian and Peter:

http://intrinsify.me/Blog/items/what-is-stoos.html

http://itscertainlyuncertain.blogspot.de/2012/07/does-stoos-need-manifesto.html

http://www.scrum-breakfast.com/2012/07/a-manifesto-for-stoos-movement.html

The result - put up as some phrases for discussion - is here:

http://stoosxchange.org/tiki-index.php?page=StoosStampede

Steffen

Mary Beijleveld

Jul 15, 2012, 2:27:44 PM7/15/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Can I say this?:

Stop making manifesto's, start manifest our visons*

To me it seems to have little sense to create yet another manifesto. Let's start to change the world (of management) right now by acting/ doing.

Dom Helder Camara once said "When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of a new reality.”

greetings
Mary

*of zoals de Rotterdammers zeggen: niet l...en maar poetsen :)

John Styffe

Jul 15, 2012, 4:21:42 PM7/15/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mary

Very well written.

In a number of sessions it was the conclusion that we do not need a manifesto.

In the Zurich Satellite we have agreed that our mission is to bring people together. I believe that many of the Stoosians are of the same mind.

In my opinion this can be achieved via the satellites. Our strength will come from the satellites as we bring people together in various communities around the world.

Thank you

John

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch

John Styffe

Jul 15, 2012, 4:45:57 PM7/15/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Working to towards a better and different way can be a manifesto if you wish. Working to towards a better and different  is working to towards a better and different way; it is about the journey and not the goal. We can support each other in this journey.

We should not support any one specific model but rather all models that work towards a better way.

We need to be patient but determined. This is a learning process for us all. It will all come together.

In suggesting an unconference Jurgen was asking us to trust in ourselves and others.

John

Thomas Mahler

Jul 21, 2012, 9:33:30 AM7/21/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

Everyone talks about manifesto, sales pitch, concept, product ...... I totally agree with Mary's and John's views. In our Zurich Stoos Satellite we wrote down a couple of things and put it on a slide show. In addition, we created a flyer for Stoos roundtables that also explains in short trems what Stoos is all about (in our view). In our oppinion, not more wrtiting, no more perfection, and "mind fuck" is needed. We all know what we are talking about. Sol et's get out, share the passion, spread the virus, find more people to join and act.

Here you can download our files if you are interested; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/veplx9xb19n4qhi/Cjp3osuxgG (no need to sign up at dropbox)

Cheers, Tom

Sergey Kotlov

Jul 23, 2012, 1:21:57 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Zurich Satelliters,

I like your presentation very much.

No mess, no pomp, no unnecessary words. On these few pages you perfectly summarize why all we should be engaged in Stoos movement. It made me think 'Ok, what else can I do to move it forward?' :)

Thank you for sharing.

Sergey

Thomas Mahler

Jul 23, 2012, 2:13:06 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,

Thank you for the kind feedback. The answer to your question is: "move forward!". Since the "mind fuck" is done and we really dont have to spend more time difining ourselves nor designing more fancy concepts and mindmaps, we need to get out and spread the simple words. So go out to your community and network, find some like-minded people, gather and setup a local Stoos Satellite, promote the priciples of "doing business the better way", find "Providers" and "Seekers" who support your vision, plan your first event where these two groups, meet, and share, and you are in the game. Changing the world is easy, all it needs is VISION,PASSION, COMMITMENT and ACTION .... and a big LETTING GO  of the belief, that it all needs to be hard and complicated, fully fail proofed, controlled, unified, conceptualized with a well defined outcome. Trust in the spark, it will ultimatively create a fire.

Cheers,Tom

John Styffe

Jul 23, 2012, 4:02:09 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey

Can I presume that this list is the official communication list now.?

John

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch

John Styffe

Jul 23, 2012, 4:03:17 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
If it is the official list now can we inform others on Linkedin.

John

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Sergey Kotlov <sko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sergey Kotlov

Jul 23, 2012, 7:38:38 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I think your question was addressed to everyone, right?

Personally, I prefer mailing lists - it's faster for me to reply. For current issue: it seems I missed Tom's comment in 'Stoos Vision' discussion and didn't miss mail :).

If mailing lists'll be chosen I think it's a good idea to create a new one special for Satellites.

Sergey

John Styffe

Jul 23, 2012, 10:00:44 AM7/23/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
What will this mailing list  be for?

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch

Sergey Kotlov

Jul 24, 2012, 8:40:30 AM7/24/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
I don't know ). Steffen used this list as an additional resource, duplicating LinkedIn. Probably, to get more people involved.

As others keep silence, I think we don't need it at all.

John Styffe

Jul 24, 2012, 8:52:30 AM7/24/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
It is the summer. I think we need another mailing list as many are not happy with Linkedin.

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch