Stampede hotel?

Wim

Jun 26, 2012, 3:25:28 PM6/26/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have we picked a "Stampede hotel" yet?

I think it would be nice for those staying in Amsterdam during the Stampede to (have the option to) end up at the same nearby hotel. It could also be convenient to get a fixed "Stoos" rate from said hotel, so those booking last minute don't need to hunt all over for a decent deal.

Regards,

Wim

Jurgen Appelo

Jun 26, 2012, 5:47:40 PM6/26/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
There is no "Stampede hotel".
We expect people to self-organize.

If anyone wants to step forward to negotiate a deal with a hotel, they are free to do that.
The organizers focus only on the event itself.

Cheers,
Jurgen

Yves Hanoulle

Jun 27, 2012, 8:34:14 AM6/27/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

well the self -organizing does not really work. (yet)
I send a mail a week ago because I will only arrive friday evening and I wanted to share a hotel room.

I had a great experience on ale 2011 sharing a room.

partly because it  added some extra discussions.
partly because price is halfed for a room I only use to sleep

I did not get any reply.

Now my request is even more urgent, as I broke my arm this week-end

Although I'm able to get dressed alone, I do feel handicapped and sharing a room would make me feel safer/ more at ease.

Yves

Yves Hanoulle

Jun 27, 2012, 4:46:46 PM6/27/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi

to select a hotel it would be nice to know in what area in Amsterdam most of the venue's are.
I love the idea of disributed places, but I now realize, I have no idea where to look for a hotel and where to find the other places and how to make contact with other participants during the event

Phone 00 32 476 43 38 32
My book: Who is agile http://www.leanpub.com/WhoIsagile
Coaching Question Of the Day: http://twitter.com/Retroflection

Twitter LinkedIn
Contact me: Skype YvesHanoulle
Twitter Latest tweet: This handicapt person :-) is Still looking to share a hotelroom for #stoosstampede Follow @YvesHanoulle Reply Retweet   21:57 Jun-27

Jurgen Appelo

Jun 27, 2012, 6:26:42 PM6/27/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
There is just one main venue, which is De Rode Hoed.
Also described on the site:

We're looking at "breakout spaces" which will be within 5 mins walking distance.

Yves Hanoulle

Jun 27, 2012, 6:33:17 PM6/27/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
thanks, somehow I was not aware of the website
(or I just forgot about it ;-) )

Charles de Monchy

Jun 28, 2012, 9:53:53 AM6/28/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

you may try to find a hotel, there are cheap and expensive ones, you can also try a Bed and Breakfast, there are still about 265 B&B's available in the weekend of 6-7 July. Check   http://www.bedandbreakfast.nl/bed-and-breakfast/amsterdam/the-netherlands/c2759794
But there are more sites.

Cheers,
Charles

Wim

Jul 1, 2012, 3:07:04 PM7/1/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com, jur...@noop.nl
Right, how time just flies.. Between responses here and Erwins announcement, it looks like the window for pulling together on this is behind us already. I'll try to think of it sooner a next time. I could step forward for it then.

Yves Hanoulle

Jul 1, 2012, 4:16:50 PM7/1/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
it would have been nice to know hotels that are in the neighbourhood, I have bene browsing hotel sides for the last hour and the only hotel I found in the neighbourhood was book, everything else was far away...

Wouter Lagerweij

Jul 1, 2012, 4:23:11 PM7/1/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
There should be plenty of hotels in the neighbourhood (link), and don't forget: Amsterdam isn't all that big, so a hotel slightly farther away is still quite acceptable.

Wouter
--
Wouter Lagerweij         | wou...@lagerweij.com

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 1, 2012, 5:01:06 PM7/1/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
It seems I'll never ask you to find something for me... ;-)

Within 1 minute I found 30 hotels in a radius of 1 km around the venue: