stoos communique to attract outsiders

marco.zijlstra

Jul 8, 2012, 6:49:29 AM7/8/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yesterday Deborah and I have been brainstorming on a stoos communique to attract outsiders.

This morning it was still in my head so needed to get it out ;-) Go ahead, review, edit and add your 2 cents and see if we can come up with a message that  resonates with a more diverse group of people ;-)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AfA_5aNBH2VHUGHrtQinCzuhi5TZlZSxPqC618H2-Pw/edit

All the best,
Marco

Astrid Claessen

Jul 8, 2012, 3:34:00 PM7/8/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco (& Deborah),

I like the sound of it.

First feedback: most of the items reference to "organizations" but the first sentence references to "our society".
Personally I think organization is also more appropriate in that sentence.

I'll have a more detailed look later on.
Best regards,

Astrid

Peter Stevens

Jul 8, 2012, 8:11:29 AM7/8/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco

I am not sure about this. It reminds me of the largely failed Declaration of Interdependence, which started out with 'We are a community of project leaders that are highly successful at delivering results" To me, the implication was ".... and you are not."

This also seems a bit we-focused, not you focused or problem focused.

I will think about an alternative formulation on the airplane.

I am thinking something like: We met in Stoos, and concluded the world is in a bit of a mess. A much larger group met in Amsterdam, and came to the same conclusion. We want to find different ways, better ways of organizing and leading organizations. Do you feel the same? Join us, and help us find that better way."

I wanted to comment directly, but I only have read access. Are the permissions set correctly?

Best,

Peter
--
Peter Stevens, CSM, CSP
http://tinyurl.com/Scrum-In-House-Training

Message has been deleted

John Styffe

Jul 12, 2012, 8:54:46 AM7/12/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Peter

Pretty good

John

Mobile 078 806 95 16
Skype: john.styffe
www.self-sustainability.ch

Yves Hanoulle

Jul 10, 2012, 5:58:30 PM7/10/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com

2012/7/8 Peter Stevens <pete...@gmail.com>

Hi Marco

I am not sure about this. It reminds me of the largely failed Declaration of Interdependence, which started out with 'We are a community of project leaders that are highly successful at delivering results" To me, the implication was ".... and you are not."

yeah, that never really caught on, probably for that reason.

This also seems a bit we-focused, not you focused or problem focused.

I will think about an alternative formulation on the airplane.

I am thinking something like: We met in Stoos, and concluded the world is in a bit of a mess. A much larger group met in Amsterdam, and came to the same conclusion. We want to find different ways, better ways of organizing and leading organizations. Do you feel the same? Join us, and help us find that better way."

and you still need to start thinking?
hihi, I find this already brilliant
Looking forward to what you come up in the plane