can someone please take over?

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 19, 2012, 10:24:59 AM7/19/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for a successor to moderate this mailing list.

Jurgen

Sergey Kotlov

Jul 19, 2012, 10:45:09 AM7/19/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Probably, my question is silly, but what does moderation for this list means? What is the moderator supposed to do?

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 19, 2012, 11:02:02 AM7/19/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Probably, my question is silly, but what does moderation for this list means? What is the moderator supposed to do?

- Make changes to the settings of the mailing list, whenever needed.
- Suggest a new topic whenever discussions are stale for a while.
- Kill people who send spam, and accept/reject suspicious messages.
- Assist people who have no clue how to subscribe/unsubscribe themselves.
- Answer questions from people about what it means to be a moderator of the mailing list.

Kurt Häusler

Jul 19, 2012, 1:28:27 PM7/19/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com

I don't mind, I have moderated Google groups before.

On Jul 19, 2012 4:25 PM, "Jurgen Appelo" <jurgen...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking for a successor to moderate this mailing list.

Jurgen

Jurgen Appelo

Jul 20, 2012, 4:37:06 AM7/20/12
to stoos-s...@googlegroups.com
Done!
Kurt is now owner/moderator of this group. Thanks for stepping forward, Kurt!

Jurgen