Passaic Concert, Thursday 8/26

Stone Soup Symphony

Aug 16, 2021, 11:24:20 PM8/16/21
to Stone Soup Symphony
Hello Everyone,

I want to make sure everyone is on the same page for the Passaic concert on Thursday the 26th.

As I acknowledge every year, this show is WAY out of our region, but it's a good show and it pays for about half our annual budget.  So, we do it.
If you CANNOT make this event, please let me know ASAP so we know to plan around you.  If you already told me, please just reply to this email as a reminder.
Many thanks to everyone for helping pull this off.  Here's all the details.

When:  Thursday, August 26, 2021  7:00pm
Note... we're TECHNICALLY supposed to start the show at 7:00, but with the distance, that's just not realistic.  Please do your best to arrive by 7:00 and we'll start as soon as possible.
Where:  Third Ward Park, Passaic NJ  Band shell
Rough directions:
  • 80 East to Exit 53 (Rt 46 E)
  • 46 East to Rt 3 East
  • 3 East to Passaic Ave
  • Make a right at the end of the ramp to head north on Passaic Ave
  • 1.3 miles, the park is on your left, across from the train station.
  • Park on the lawn next to the bandshell.
I believe that in the past, people have generally coordinated multiple small carpools among themselves.  If there's interest, I'm happy to help organize carpools.  If there's a TON of interest, I'll hire a school bus.

Attire:  Officially, Concert dress is tuxes for the gents, and Black & White solids for the ladies.  I'm not sure we've EVER actually worn the tux jackets for this August concert.  A white shirt and bow tie will suffice.  If you don't have a bow tie, I'll try to have a few spares.

Repertoire:
  1. Star Spangled Banner
  2. Superman Returns
  3. Wedding Day at Troldhaugen