Fwd: Start Up - Music for April 21, 2021

1 view

Stone Soup Symphony

Apr 20, 2021, 10:55:27 AM4/20/21
to Stone Soup Symphony
Hello everyone,

I'm very happy to let everyone know that the strings are going to get together while I work on securing space for the full orchestra.
They will start String sectionals this Wednesday, April 21st from 7pm until 8:30 at Lois Hampshire's barn, 430 Greenwich Street, Belvidere NJ
Read the emails below for more details.
All of our string players are encouraged to attend.

I am still working on getting info from the Presbyterian church on if/when we'll be able to use the chapel.
I've temporarily been offered a warehouse in Mount Olive, but was hoping to hear from the church before going with a temporary space.  Wish me luck.

Rob Adams
President, Stone Soup Symphony
mu...@StoneSoupSymphony.org

Hello Stone Soup Strings,

As Debbie announced below, the plan for the Stone Soup Symphony string section at this time is to begin sectional rehearsals on Wed April 21st.  A small group of us met with our new concert master and decided to begin string sectionals as detailed in Debbie Burn's email.  The plan for us is to work on one of the pieces for our next concert plus some simpler pieces that will help us all play together and sound better. We will social distance and wear face masks.

The orchestra piece that has been selected for this rehearsal is "Pirates of the Caribbean". That piece is posted on the Stone Soup Symphony website along with the other pieces that we intend to play at our next concert whenever that happens.  I've been tasked with sending you the files of the other music.  Attached to this email are pdf files containing two short pieces, excerpts from Handel's Water Music. Each piece is on two pages and contains the score for all of the string parts.  Please print them out for our next string rehearsal. If you cannot print them out let me know and I will bring a copy for you. We cannot print them out in the garage we will practice in.

I suggest we all practice them before we meet and work on rhythm and tonalization.

Best Regards,
Walt Campbell

On Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:20:00 AM EDT, Debbie Burns <debbie...@comcast.net> wrote:

Good Morning, Stone Soup String Players.

Happy Spring! It has been a long time since we last gathered to make music, but we are looking forward to beginning again.

We are going to gather on April 21st from 7-8:30 at Lois's garage to begin playing together. We are hoping to find a venue in the Hackettstown area, but for the moment, this venue will be the place in which we can gather. Lois's address is 430 Greenwich Street in Belvidere. Please be sure to bring a chair, a stand, a stand light and a mask.

We are hoping to accomplish two things each week. First, we will tackle an orchestra piece as a section. Secondly, we will play some string repertoire.

Please go to our Stone Soup website and download your part for "Pirates of the Caribbean". We will tackle that piece on Wednesday.

Walt has been kind enough to be the person who will send us music to print and bring to rehearsals. Look for an email from him later this weekend with scans of some music we will also play on Wednesday.

We will not be able to print music in the moment, so please bring your part to the rehearsal.

We are hoping that many of you have been able to get a Covid vaccine, but we know that this is still a challenging time. We would love to have as many string players as possible so that we can once again make music together.

Would you be kind enough to do me a favor? Please take a few minutes to reply to this email to tell me if you will come to our weekly rehearsals again. It has been way too long since we last played together.

Lastly, we would love to have more string players become a part of our Stone Soup family. Please help us recruit some new players to grow our section.

Thank you for reading my email and responding. I am looking forward to meeting many of you this week.

Debbie

Air from Water Music pg1.pdf
Air from Water Music pg2.pdf
Bourree from Water Music pg1.pdf