Sue Siersma

1 view

Stone Soup Symphony

Feb 10, 2021, 12:33:55 PM2/10/21
to Stone Soup Symphony, Stone Soup Fans
Hello everyone,
I've been meaning to reach out to you all because it's been FAR too long since I gave an update on the orchestra.  It is with heavy heart that I had to reprioritize and send this message instead.  I'll send the orchestra update I wanted separately.

Our former violinist, press manager, and dear friend Sue Siersma passed away on Saturday Feb 6th.
Those who knew Sue will remember her infectious enthusiasm for everything she was involved in.  Her press releases for Stone Soup always made the reader feel like we're WAY better than those losers in the NY Philharmonic.
She left Stone Soup back in 2013 (or so?), but I have kept in touch with her here and there and considered her a dear friend.
I will miss her deeply, as I know many of you.

There will be a wake on Monday Feb. 15th from 4:00-8:00pm at Cochran Funeral home in Hackettstown.

If anyone is so inclined, her husband Rodger has requested that in leiu of flowers, donations can be made to either:
or

I was looking through old SSS photos to find a good picture of Sue to include, and realized that there are very few in our archives because she was often the photographer of the old photos and therefore isn't in them.  That's very Sue.  I found this one to share.

Sue Siersma Xmas 2012.jpg

Rob Adams
President, Stone Soup Symphony
mu...@StoneSoupSymphony.org