FPCH Food Pantry

Stone Soup Symphony

May 30, 2021, 2:34:13 PM5/30/21
to Stone Soup Symphony
Hello Everyone,

You may have noticed a few small cabinets of food and other supplies in front of the Presbyterian Church Chapel where we play on Wednesday evenings.This mini food pantry is a self-service "pay it forward" arrangement where neighbors drop off donations and those in need take what they need.  You may have seen a family picking up some items after our rehearsal Wednesday evening.  I'd like to suggest that we each bring a few items when you come to practice - or whenever you can - to support the local community.  Andy spoke to MaryAnn Simmons of the church and she said they are always looking for protein items like canned tuna, chicken, ravioli or stews.  They also appreciate breakfast items like pancake mix, syrup, cereals, oatmeal.  in addition, peanut butter and jelly goes a long way and so does pasta and sauce.  Juices are always welcome, including apple, cranberry, sunny delight as well as snacks for kids like granola bars, pop tarts, or canned fruit.  Obviously, these are just suggestions, so feel free to bring whatever you wish.  You can leave your donations in a bag outside of the cabinets or directly on the shelves if there is room.  Even a few items from a handful of people will go a long way to supporting food insecurity in town.

Thank you to Andy for researching this for us.
Enjoy your Memorial Day.

Rob Adams
President
Stone Soup Symphony