We're Back, and we're Recruiting!

Stone Soup Symphony

May 24, 2021, 11:31:29 AM5/24/21
to Stone Soup Symphony, Stone Soup Fans

The Stone Soup Symphony has begun holding rehearsals after a year of shutdown!
We're BACK!  It's great to get back to making music together after such a long hiatus.
Our first rehearsal was well attended last week, but it pointed out a few holes in our lineup.
  • We are in DIRE need of upright Bass players.
  • We are ALWAYS looking for more Violins to join us. Never enough!
  • Violas are a rare breed, and we wish we saw more of them each week.
  • We're Ok on Cello, but I wouldn't turn one away.
  • There's a slot open for another French Horn player.
If you know any musicians who fit these descriptions, please let them know about this opportunity to join an orchestra, and get them in touch with us.

Contact: Rob Adams

Our woodwind section is FULL at this time, and cannot take on new musicians.
Other than the one French Horn, our brass section is also FULL.
Not wanting to discourage anyone from playing, I'd be happy to recommend other nearby organizations who ARE recruiting brass and woodwinds if someone reaches out to me.

For music educators and students.... Just because school is out, it doesn't mean you have to stop playing!  While being an adult group, the Stone Soup Symphony welcomes high school students to play with us.  In fact, we offer a scholarship for students who play with us for 2 years or more.
Keep up your playing over the summer!

We rehearse every Wednesday evening from 7:30 until 9:00pm at the Hackettstown First Presbyterian Chapel, 291 Main Street.

We are still figuring out our fall schedule, but there will be SOME events this fall and I'll announce that as it evolves.
We expect our Christmas concert will be ON, but again... details still TBD.

All of us here at the Stone Soup Symphony are optimistic about the rest of 2021 and the musical opportunities that it will bring.
Stay safe, and let's make some music together!

Rob Adams
President, Stone Soup Symphony
mu...@StoneSoupSymphony.org