Board of Directors Elections 2021

1 view

Stone Soup Symphony

Sep 28, 2021, 10:02:37 PM9/28/21
to b...@stonesoupsymphony.org, Executive Board SSS, Stone Soup Symphony
Hello everyone,

Due to last year's COVID shutdown of Stone Soup Symphony, a minor oversight seems to have occurred.  We have entirely missed the officer elections we were supposed to have had last October.

As your benevolent overlord, in an act of goodwill, I have deigned to allow democratic elections to resume.

Stone Soup Symphony will be holding officer elections on October 13th, 2021.  We will wrap up music 15 minutes early and hand out ballots at 8:45.
If you are unable to attend rehearsal on the 13th, I will accept email ballots from active voting members.
We are going to reset the clock on the terms, and these elections will be for a 2 year term, pushing our next election to October 2023.
BoD meetings are held every 6 months  (2x/year).

In creating the ballots, I am going to assume that current officers are all going to run for re-election.
  • If an incumbent does NOT want to be included on the ballot, please let me know and you will be removed.
  • If anyone wants to run for a position, please let me know and you will be added to the ballot.
The duties and responsibilities of each position are outlined in the Stone Soup Symphony Bylaws, section IV.  Here's the short version...
Trustee positions are NOT members of the orchestra, but are willing to look out for the orchestra's best interests.  The intent is to get an outsider's opinion from someone not directly involved in whatever internal politics we may have going on.
Voting Member positions are a sweet deal.  No real responsibilities other than show up at board meetings and vote.
Secretary - Take meeting minutes and present last meeting's minutes to remind us where we left off.
Treasurer - Money stuff
Conductor - Music stuff
President - Everything else

People misunderstand the difference between the Board (BoD) and the Executive Board (EBoD).
The BoD runs the orchestra.  We decide what actions/policies/etc the orchestra will undertake.
The EBoD does NOT run the orchestra.  The EBoD's role is to act as a veto power for those times that the BoD decides to pursue a terrible idea.  It's a checks & balances thing.
In practicality, our meetings are rarely contentious and we just run it all as one Board.

Current officers

Executive Board

ΔPresident – Steve Gallopo

ΔTrustee 1 – Kim Hamilton

ΔVoting Member - Ed Geller

+ Executive Secretary – Wendy Notarnicola

Board of Directors

ΔPresident – Rob Adams

ΔConductor – Ed Meisner

+ Concertmaster - Sue Ann Kintis Kathy Magnusson

ΔTreasurer – Kathy Magnusson

ΔSecretary – Wendy Notarnicola

ΔTrustee 1 – Jessica Kiedes

ΔTrustee 2 - Karine Oualim

ΔTrustee 3 - Dr. John Crow

ΔVoting Member 1 – Bill Faresich

ΔVoting Member 2 - Lois Hampshire

ΔVoting Member 3 - Mandy Muschette

Appointed positions, but not BoD voters:

+ Librarian - Kathy Magnusson

Key

Δ Elected by Voting Membership

+ Appointed by the Executive Board