Volunteers for a Birthday Parade 9/26

Rob Adams

Sep 22, 2020, 1:44:06 PM9/22/20
to Ed Meisner, Robert Ernst, Nancy Comerford, Mike Kallimanis, GRuti...@cds-yes.com, Stone Soup Symphony
Hello musician friends,

This is a bit of an unusual request, but it seemed like fun, so I'm going to do it, and hope to get some more help.
I have a colleague whose wife has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer.  Her last chemo treatment was Sept. 17th, and her birthday was the 19th.  He wants to do something special for her birthday / end of chemo.
Of course he thought "How about a marching band!?"
So, I told him I would see what I could do about whipping up a marching band for his wife's birthday.

NOTE:  This was pushed a week from Sept. 19th to the 26th to let her get over some of the chemo side-effects.

Any marching band leaders out there, could you please forward this to your list (or at least a few who might be able to fill my open slots? (Franklin, ppfdB, NJCB, etc.)
If anyone receives this multiple times, my apologies.  You know how NJ bands all share the same musicians.

WHAT:  This would essentially be a 1 block parade.  Play 1 march from the cul-de-sac to the house, and up onto the lawn.  Play 1 march on the lawn.  Play Happy Birthday on the lawn.  Done.
WHEN:  Step-off 5pm Saturday September 26th.  I'm willing to call line-up 4:45, unless you're the type who always runs late, in which case line-up is 4:30.
WHERE:  122 Barrett Lane, Wyckoff, NJ (This is NOT the house we're playing for, but it's on the cul-de-sac we're lining up in)  Park in the street.
DRESS:  Black pants & White shirt (but honestly, nobody will care what you're wearing as long as you show up)
PAY:  $20/head for 10 musicians.  We were invited to stay for a buffet and beer in the backyard afterwards.

I have acquired an old set of ppfdB march books, so we should be good for music.  Bring a lyre.

Shooting for 10 musicians, but I'll take what I can get.

Confirmed:
Snare - Robert
Bass Drum - NEEDED!  ( I need the actual drum too.  Robert? Ed?)
Trumpet - Me, A 2nd would be nice.
Trombone -  NEEDED!
F-Horn - Kim
Sousaphone - Marissa, Phil? (I have Bessy to loan out)
Sax - Brad alto, Michelle tenor
Flute - Dee
So, I could really use a bass drummer and some trombone/baritone.
I'll cover 2nd trumpet and trombone with the alto & tenor saxes if I have to, but would really prefer not to.
Past that, the more the merrier.  If it sounds like fun, let me know and come on out!

If interested, RSVP to rada...@gmail.com or text/call me at 908-884-4220.

Thanks,