COVID uptick in NJ

Stone Soup Symphony

Aug 11, 2021, 1:43:21 PM8/11/21
to Stone Soup Symphony
Hello everyone,

I just want to address something that has been in the news quite a bit lately, and has been brought up to me by a few SSS members.

By all accounts, COVID-19 is on the rise again, particularly with the Delta variant, but it's not a reason to panic... maybe just take a few extra precautions.

I also found these handy interactive maps that let you slice the data in different ways.

At this time, I am NOT MANDATING masks for participation in Stone Soup, but I am definitely RECOMMENDING that those who are able to wear masks during rehearsal do so, and before/after for those playing winds.  It's still a personal choice.

Also PLEASE... if you are ABLE to get vaccinated and haven't already, please DO SO.  We have a few immune-compromised people who CANNOT be vaccinated due to health reasons, and if the rest of us are vaccinated we have a MUCH lower chance of accidentally infecting them.
Vaccinated does NOT equal Immune, but it'll sure keep you out of the hospital.

Thanks.  I'll see you at rehearsal.

Rob Adams
President, Stone Soup Symphony
mu...@StoneSoupSymphony.org