October 2020 Check-in

Stone Soup Symphony

Oct 17, 2020, 6:53:51 PM10/17/20
to Stone Soup Symphony
Hello everyone,

It's been far too long since I have reached out, and I apologize for that.  I do have some info to share, so let's catch up.

First, I have not yet succeeded in coming up with indoor space for us to use for either full or sectional rehearsals, but I'm going to keep trying.  The intent is to first find a space that we can share for sectionals, and hopefully evolve to full orchestra when viable.
Without the ability to hold rehearsals, the Holiday Concert is sadly and officially off.
I'm open to ideas of alternate things we could do, but we can't cram 500 people into a church this year.
I don't think we can (or should) do the caroling event at nursing homes, but I'm looking into other options.

Next, I want to thank everyone who has been participating in the sectional rehearsals.  They allow us to still function as an organization on some limited level.
  • The Strings continue to meet in Lois' garage on Wednesdays from 6:30 until 8pm.  The address is 430 Greenwich St, Belvidere.  Bring a mask, folding chair, stand, and stand light.  I've been told that there's a particular need for more cello, but all of our strings are encouraged to attend.
    There's heat in there now that summer is over, so please come out and participate if you can.
  • The Woodwinds have been meeting Wednesday nights at Ed Geller's house.   89 Heller Hill Rd., Blairstown NJ.  Reach out to Ed if interested.   edwardg...@gmail.com
  • The Brass had been playing out in the backyard for the summer, but with the dark and cold of autumn here, we're on hold until I can secure some indoor space.
Finally, I have an update from Sue Ann Kintis that she wanted me to pass along.  ====================
Dear Stone Soup Members,
   It's been a month and a half that my husband and I have been in Wisconsin staying with his mother. After close to two weeks here, I needed to travel to Arizona to be with my mother who was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. She did pass away on Sept. 20th, only 18 days after the diagnosis. I stayed to help my sister and brother plan her funeral. We were devastated to say the least. I got back to Wisconsin about a week and a half ago, and we're busy with the process of finding a place to live.
   I want to give my sincere thanks to all of you for not only your many kind thoughts on my leaving New Jersey, but especially for the very thoughtful monetary gift. I was so very surprised and moved by your generosity. Ed, it was a pleasure working with you and I thank you for your kind words (email). Rob, I want to thank you for the nice send off at my last string get-together/rehearsal at Lois's house, and for the champagne! How fun! Thank you to Lois, for arranging the little party! A big thank you to Lois and Kathy for the many rides to rehearsals and concerts. To all string players, I want to thank you for allowing me to help you at our string sectionals. I had fun working with all of you. To all members, thank you for having me as your concertmaster these past years. I learned a lot and enjoyed working with everyone. I will miss performing with you and hope you are able to continue getting together to play very, very soon. I hope to find a group to play with, but I really don't think an orchestra will compare to the fun we all shared together. Stone Soup Symphony is one of a kind, working together to bring good music to many.

"Musically yours", lol!
Sue Ann Kintis

Rob Adams
President, Stone Soup Symphony