Problem with stonesense

Sinfullyvannila

Feb 21, 2010, 7:55:42 AM2/21/10
to Stonesense
Heya I'm having a problem. I load up my game, start stonesense, press
F9 and I get a "could not find DF process" error message. I've seen
this problem on the message board several times, but never with a
satisfying answer. I run Vista 32bit, and I've tried all sorts of
combinations of administrator mode and compatibility options. Thank
you. The tool looks great, I just wish I could use it.

mizipzor

Feb 22, 2010, 3:10:24 AM2/22/10
to stone...@googlegroups.com
What version of DF?
What version of Stonesense?

Jonas Ask

Feb 22, 2010, 3:12:25 AM2/22/10
to Stonesense
We've seen this issue a couple of times, yes. And like you pointed
out, there's no one single good way to solve it, as the reasons for
this can be so many. It just means that dfHack was unable to connect
to DF. Beside the tricks you've already tried, you should try running
a different version of DF. Most new versions are compatible, but the
new d17 experimental thing is not.

Hope that helps at least a little :)

- Jonas

Austin Kidder

Nov 30, 2015, 12:37:42 PM11/30/15
to Stonesense
hey im having a problem with stonesense it launches but it wont come up i cant see do u kn ow whats wrong?

Jonas Ask

Nov 30, 2015, 12:43:47 PM11/30/15
to Stonesense
Hi Austin!

I'm afraid I retired from actively working on the project a few years ago; so my knowledge is a little outdated right now :)
I would suggest you have a look at the support thread on the bay12 forums:

It is very active and the people there are very knowledgable!

Good luck,
- Jonas