Version 7.7 Webinar Follow-up with Useful Links

John Frazar

Jun 17, 2020, 9:36:58 AM6/17/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Thank you all for attending the webinar yesterday.  See the links below for other useful information.

A full recording of yesterday's webinar and demo is available here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5j106CeIiU

To register for a Shipping API key complete the meter application here:  http://www.stoneedge.com/ship

For full documentation for setting up the Shipping System click here: https://stoneedge.com/kb/categories/shipping/

For a video with guided step-by-step setup of the shipping system, click here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYhXvE07gE

For a detailed list of enhancements (including bug fixes) in each version of SEOM here:  https://stoneedge.com/kb/version-info/

If anyone is interested any of the items discussed on the product road map please reach out to me directly.  We are looking for sponsors in the following areas in particular:
  • Any new Shopping Cart/Marketplace integrations
  • Lite Warehouse Management capabilities
    • Batch picking/wave picking
    • Picking from mobile devices & tablets
    • Pick-to-cart
    • Directed put-away
    • Cycle counting
  • Enhanced communications
    • API based email sending
    • SMS messaging
Thank you again!

John Frazar
Stone Edge Technologies

Katrina Morris

Jun 17, 2020, 8:00:35 PM6/17/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Thanks for a great webinar.

Quick questions. Will Shopsite be supported in 7.7?

Thank you,

Kat

Paul Christel

Jun 18, 2020, 3:20:51 PM6/18/20
to Stone Edge User Group

Very nice presentation!!

I have several questions I’m hoping can be answered.

Present 7.7 Functionality:

1) On the customs entry form, I noticed there was no field for Country of Origin?  Can this be entered at the time of packing like on the old system?

2) We do not want to declare values or purchase insurance, but do want to obtain signatures on packages over a certain amount.  Is this possible via configuration?

3) Is UPS SurePost now set-up to obtain real-time rates (vs. using a lookup table set-up at your shipping solution provider)?

4) We have been considering UPS Worldwide Economy as a shipping method.  Can you tell me if this shipping system supports this method?

5) Are printing of pdf return labels supported?

Roadmap Functionality:

I understand that the updated Stack Controller and Email systems will be fee based.  Will we have to use these or will they be optional?  Right now, we do not have any issues using our local SMTP server and shared stack controller (which we’ve had to tweak to communicate with ShopperApproved).

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Christel

Jul 28, 2020, 12:56:27 PM7/28/20
to Stone Edge User Group

Given SE’s goal of moving everyone to 7.7 and having more interaction on the official group, I thought I’d see these questions addressed.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul