New PayPal Refund Policy

al...@bikeman.com

Apr 8, 2019, 9:08:52 AM4/8/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Anybody else using PayPal aware of the refund policy change effective May 7th?  They will no longer be crediting back fees on the original transaction for refunds.

This will be a big impact on our business as in addition to standard PayPal payments they are our credit card processor.  The favorable fee policy with refunds was one of the reasons we went with PayPal as a processor in the first place.  Just wondering who else is affected by this change and how you will be handling it.

Thanks!

Alan N. Starrett
Bikeman.com

Fico

Apr 8, 2019, 10:10:49 AM4/8/19
to al...@bikeman.com, Stone Edge User Group
We are in the exact same boat and in addition PayPay just took away our account manager. I guess we will start looking into alternatives.

al...@bikeman.com

Abdul Khudayar

Apr 8, 2019, 1:34:45 PM4/8/19
to al...@bikeman.com, Stone Edge User Group
Hello,

I use Chase with USA epay and it works great with SE.  I am not sure why anyone on earth stays with paypal, they are one of worst companies, siding with customers always with disputes, locking your account, holding your money, closing your account and so on.

I have had very good experience and customer service from Chase and USAepay is pretty good as well, there rates will be better then paypal.

Regards,

Abdul Khudayar
Golden Plaza Distributors
7865 Edmonds Street
Burnaby, BC
V3N 1B9
Tel: +1-604-669-0587
www.goldenplazadistributors.com

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/stoneedge.

Kamal Haddad

Apr 8, 2019, 1:41:55 PM4/8/19
to Abdul Khudayar, al...@bikeman.com, Stone Edge User Group

We have been very happy with eMerchant-Bill Dumond has been a longtime supporter of Stone Edge Merchants.  Reach Out to Aaron Easton at 866.979.0260

Kamal

Asim Khan

Apr 8, 2019, 1:49:09 PM4/8/19
to Kamal Haddad, Abdul Khudayar, al...@bikeman.com, Stone Edge User Group
The thing is, it is much easier for most people to checkout with PayPal on mobile.  The majority of my transactions on mobile now.  They don't have to dig for their credit card out of their wallet.  We also have Amazon Pay, but we still see so many PayPal transactions because of ease.  This is definitely a cash grab for PayPal at the expense of upsetting their retailers.

Asim Khan
Wedding Favorites, Inc.

714-734-8599 | as...@weddingfavorites.com

www.weddingfavorites.com

14752 Sinclair Circle Ste B, Tustin, CA 92780

Abdul Khudayar

Apr 8, 2019, 1:56:25 PM4/8/19
to Asim Khan, Kamal Haddad, al...@bikeman.com, Stone Edge User Group
Keep paypal standard, and switch paypal pro to one of the many other suppliers.

Regards,

Abdul Khudayar
Golden Plaza Distributors
7865 Edmonds Street
Burnaby, BC
V3N 1B9
Tel: +1-604-669-0587
www.goldenplazadistributors.com

Paul Christel

Apr 10, 2019, 4:56:44 PM4/10/19
to Stone Edge User Group

Did PayPal change course on this?  It is no longer listed as an upcoming change on the page linked below.

al...@bikeman.com

Apr 10, 2019, 5:11:47 PM4/10/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Well that is curious isn't it?  We have not received any info about a change of course but as you mention it has in fact been completely removed from the update page.  The change date has been backdated as well, effective date was May 7th for all changes, now it is/was March 29th.  If they indeed changed course it seems they should have communicated it to customers to help stem the tide of them leaving.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 4:56:44 PM UTC-4, Paul Christel wrote:

Did PayPal change course on this?  It is no longer listed as an upcoming change on the page linked below.

Paul Christel

Apr 10, 2019, 5:15:00 PM4/10/19
to Stone Edge User Group

We had never received notification of the change to begin with.  The first I heard of it was your post.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/stoneedge.

al...@bikeman.com

Apr 10, 2019, 5:22:06 PM4/10/19
to Stone Edge User Group
Friday night I received a "Notice of Policy Updates" email from PayPal referencing that link that as of Monday still included the change in policy for refund fees.