Dazzle 20.1.02

Lawrence Neibauer

Mar 25, 2020, 11:41:12 AM3/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
All,
We currently use Stone Edge 7.052 and this morning we got a pop up for and update for dazzle to version 21.1.02. This new version of Dazzle is crashing like crazy and we can only ship 1 package before we have to go into the windows task manager and close dazzle manually. is or has anyone else seen this type of issue before?  I also noticed that when dazzle is processing an order for shipping the dazzle screen seems to revert back to an older looking screen where some of the check boxes for ebay disappear. Very strange problem. Help would be appreciated

Thanks

Kevin Horowski

Mar 25, 2020, 11:52:19 AM3/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
The issue with having to close Dazzle is one a few merchants have reported.  For most people I just had them set the parameter in Stone Edge for DazzleAutoClose to False so it should always just remain open.  The issue was that Dazzle was trying to close but couldn't for some reason.

No one has reported the other issue you mention to support so I don't have any info on that.

I do know that there have been all types of weird issues with Dazzle over the last few updates. One thing everyone should consider is moving to our 7.7 version which has our new shipping integration.  You will no longer need to rely on program like Dazzle, ShipRush or the old UPS Online Tools integration.

Lawrence Neibauer

Mar 25, 2020, 12:38:44 PM3/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
thanks Kevin, we will try that

Lawrence Neibauer

Mar 25, 2020, 12:41:34 PM3/25/20
to Stone Edge User Group
We plan on migrating to 7.7 but we need to wait until after Mother's day to do this, until the Virus hit we were extremely busy and we put most upgrades on hold between Lent and Mother's day due to the business we are in.

Barry Levine

Mar 26, 2020, 3:23:55 PM3/26/20
to Stone Edge User Group
We were forced to update Dazzle today and now workstations running like molasses. The dazzleautoclose parameter was already set to false. Any suggestion short of moving to 7.7 which has other issues for us.

Paul Christel

Mar 26, 2020, 3:42:39 PM3/26/20
to Stone Edge User Group
What version of Dazzle were you on before the upgrade and what did you now install?

Paul

Barry Levine

Mar 26, 2020, 5:14:19 PM3/26/20
to Stone Edge User Group
I am not sure what the previous version was but the one I can locate is Dazzle Professional 20.1.02.  There is a big time lag when "waiting for server transaction" is displayed.  In Control Panel (this is on a Windows 7 Pro workstation) there is an older 2014 install of plain Dazzle showing but I believe that is no longer being used.  When I checked the new one for updates it shows itself to be the most up to date.  I can try to roll back to yesterday with a system restore if that might be useful but open to other suggestions first.  Thanks.

Barry

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 3:42:39 PM UTC-4, Paul Christel wrote:
What version of Dazzle were you on before the upgrade and what did you now install?

Paul

Apr 12, 2020, 12:27:09 AM4/12/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi All, we are having the same problem. We had to DL the update to dazzle and when we process an order it will print the label but Dazzle never finishes. It auto closes, I even turned off the auto close in systemparamters but that did not help. Our Stone Edge will stay open on the screen and never close. It keeps saying "waiting for dazzle to create output file.." and it will just sit here forever until I hit stop. Once I hit stop it does not put the tracking it just printed into the order.

Capture.PNG

Chris Martin

Apr 12, 2020, 12:29:58 AM4/12/20
to Stone Edge User Group
I forgot, we are running windows 10 Pro, Dazzle 20.1.02, Stone Edge 7.023.

Kevin Horowski

Apr 12, 2020, 12:47:23 AM4/12/20
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Chris,

As silly as this sounds open up Dazzle on its own and make sure you are on the Designer tab and not the Quick Ship tab. Then close Dazzle and try a new shipment. After the label prints when you switch back to Stone Edge it should work where it pops up with all the regular prompts.

Brenda Nishimoto

May 14, 2020, 11:18:19 AM5/14/20
to Stone Edge User Group

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 9:47:23 PM UTC-7, Kevin Horowski wrote:
Hi Chris,

As silly as this sounds open up Dazzle on its own and make sure you are on the Designer tab and not the Quick Ship tab.  Then close Dazzle and try a new shipment. After the label prints when you switch back to Stone Edge it should work where it pops up with all the regular prompts.

Kevin, that simple fix works for this problem....THANK YOU.