Amazon Integrations for Stone Edge

John Frazar

Aug 3, 2018, 2:11:23 PM8/3/18
to Stone Edge User Group
For those of you who are not aware, Stone Edge launched a new Amazon integration earlier this year which is an improvement over any other Amazon integration option available.   Here's a rundown of how it works:
  • Live API feeds that support
    • Order Import
    • Real time Quantity on Hand sync
    • Status Updates (Order acknowledgement, shipment/tracking updates, cancellations)
  • Version 7.037 which is due out in late-August will support product listings and price syncing right from within Stone Edge.
  • FBA Support - FBA orders are available as a separate order feed.  They come in as archived orders, do not decrement inventory, but are available for the accounting export and reports.
  • Separate orders feeds for "Seller Fulfilled Prime" and "Fulfilled by Merchant" orders
If you're interested in learning more or would like to sign up, please message me.

John Frazar
Stone Edge Technologies
Message has been deleted

Lawrence Neibauer

Oct 30, 2018, 9:45:38 AM10/30/18
to Stone Edge User Group
John,
We are currently running 7.036 on an SQL server with Semplice. I assume this new feature replaces Semplice. are there instructions on how to implement this new feature. I assume it is just a cart change in Stone Edge
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul Sheck

Oct 30, 2018, 10:20:44 AM10/30/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Can this run with 7.119 ?

John Frazar

Oct 30, 2018, 10:21:26 AM10/30/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Yes it can!

Roxanne Brown

Dec 28, 2018, 11:03:26 AM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
John,

So this is set up using one SEOM database, correct?

How is the inventory moved from the main inventory value to FBA? Most of my clients I’ve recommended a second SEOM database so we can easily track the inventory at both locations - in that case we would want the inventory to be decremented when the orders are imported.....is that an option?

Thank you,
Rox

John Frazar

Dec 28, 2018, 12:09:30 PM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
My advice has been to setup Amazon as a customer SEOM, then create an order for that customer with the items that are being sent to FBA.  When that order is fulfilled, the inventory will be decremented. There would be no need decrement the inventory a second time.

I would strongly advise against decrementing inventory when an FBA order is created/imported.  If you do not decrement inventory when it leaves your physical possession it would make doing things like inventory counts impossible.

Roxanne Brown

Dec 28, 2018, 1:09:51 PM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
John,

The issue with doing the order to decrement inventory is approving it; thus overstating sales.  Or are you doing a zero dollar order?  I  Which will throw off the margin reports (if they look at them) and still hit COGS (so COGS is now overstated and they need to back that out).  If they do a cost order and pay it with a special payment method they would have the total for the JE to reverse the ale and cogs impact; but it still messes with the reports.  The reason for a 2nd database is so they can easily see how much inventory is at the main site and at FBA and avoid these other issues.

I agree with you that they HAVE to decrement inventory when they send it to FBA; it's just a matter of how they do it.  They can also replicate the SKUs and then re-allocate - however we run into challenges with this as well.  If they have more than a handful of SKUs it can be labor intensive and get messy (the inventory table can get out of whack pretty good) - plus they still can't easily see the inventory value at both places without exporting the report and filtering it.

Using one DB is ok if they don't have many SKUs or are not doing a lot of business thru FBA; otherwise I still would recommend a 2nd database.  This also allows you to easily break out the sales, cogs, inventory and AR in QBs - best of all worlds.

With all of the above; can you give the user an option of having the orders come in like normal?

Thank you!
Rox :-)

John Frazar

Dec 28, 2018, 1:25:47 PM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
You bring up some good points.  And YES!  If the user is using the direct Amazon FBA integration (not Semplice) and is on the latest SEOM version then you can have FBA orders come in as regular orders. The user would need to uncheck the "This cart is FBA" option on the Shopping Carts form.

Capture.JPG

Roxanne Brown

Dec 28, 2018, 1:45:19 PM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group