Orders created by Back Order Fill automatically approved

Michael Monson

Dec 27, 2018, 5:21:20 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Hello,
We changed a couple of months ago from Stone edge 7.5 to  7.036 (Down grade)
Since then, when we do a back order fill and a new order is created for those items that are filled, the new Order is automatically set to approved, even though there is a balance due on the new order.
This has resulted in sending out some orders that have not yet been paid.

We have set the following system parameters

ApproveBackOrderOrders set to False
FillBOsApproveWithBalanceDue set to False
CheckStatusBeforeApproving set to True

We are also using Barney's Advanced view orders and have set the box "Check Overdue Balance when approving orders?" set to Yes

Is there something we are missing? Is there a bug in 7.036?

Thanks,

Michael Monson
Backcountrygear.com

Travis

Dec 27, 2018, 5:31:26 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Hi Michael,
How are you processing the backorders?
  1. In the Multi-Order Processor?
  2. In the Backorder Fill Feature?
I believe this is probably just a settings thing in the Multi-Order or Backorder Fill Feature that isn't correct. Take a close look at each checkbox and make sure you aren't telling SE to Approve.

I like the workflow where you use Backorder Fill and then Filter for Complete Pending in the Multi-Order and process if paid in full, that way I have more visual control over the process. You can do it all from Backorder Fill though I believe. That's a really great thing about SE, there's multiple ways to get there from completely manual to semi automated or full automation...even unattended automation where orders that are paid for and in stock just print out every 15 minutes... I've personally set that up with Cisick. Makes for a smooth Monday morning for the pickers.

There are settings in SE for overriding and approving orders that aren't paid for. SE by default doesn't want to approve orders that aren't paid for and will flag and give you warnings. Steve Cisick, SE Support or myself are here to help if you want someone to jump in and help solve it.
-Travis
www.sharpcommerce.com

Michael Monson

Dec 27, 2018, 7:04:00 PM12/27/18
to Stone Edge User Group
Travis,

Thanks for the reply.

We process most backorders using the Batch Fill Backorders  (Under Inventory Functions).
And yes we do have the box checked that states While filling Backorders > Approve these Orders > Completely Filled Orders

This works great for all the backorders that are filled within the original order.

Just not sure why this wasn't an issue in 7.5 but is in newer version 7.036
If I don't find the answer I'll reach out to you and Steve next week.

Thanks,

Michael Monson
Backcountrygear.com

Roxanne Brown

Dec 28, 2018, 10:51:24 AM12/28/18
to Stone Edge User Group
I’m very curious what you find out, please post an update when you can.

Happy Holidays!
Rox